Petrol usage on 96 fairmont

laneyjan, Mar 27, 7:53pm
my son uses 14.5 litres per hundred on his trip computer.around town.he has wide tyres too. is this a reasonable figure or is it really high .thanks for your comment

gammelvind, Mar 27, 8:07pm
Depends on how heavy his foot is whenever he leaves the lights. Not really a good test around town, and not really a suitable car for fuel economy in the current climate.

clark20, Mar 27, 9:22pm
Thats about right my old Accord uses the same around town and it's a 3.0L

quickstitch, Mar 27, 10:08pm
he's doing better than me in my fairlane, i'm using around 18-19. bigger heavier car with xr6 motor, and extra weight with an LPG system (which i should use more often with the price of petrol skyrocketing).

mike77, Mar 27, 10:21pm
Your fairlane should be alot better than that. Though I've never had a duel fuel of that model. I reckon it's time to give the whale a birthday, and plug into the diagnostics.
Shit I probably do that milage towing the boat.

quickstitch, Mar 27, 11:57pm
yeah your right, i just went for a drive and had a look, 16.4 at the moment. don't know where i got 18 from,

laneyjan, Mar 28, 12:00am
thanks for comment.its a six not 8 cheers

rlnhrd, Mar 28, 8:46am
my v8 holden gets better milage maybe thats what he needs

chris_051, Mar 28, 8:54am
My EF wagon on $1 reserve atm gets 10 highway and about 12 around town
My AU XR6 manual ute gets 8.5 highway and 10-10.5 around town
My old AU auto sedan got 7.5 highway and about 10 from memory around town, I know the EF/L sedans are capable of the same so you might wana get a diag check done on it.

chris_051, Sep 4, 5:12pm
And if its got a buggered MAP sensor which will cause it to over fuel then I have a new genuine ford one that I can sell for half the (rip off) rrp.