1999 Falcon AU1 wagon

200sx, Mar 14, 1:50am
Hi all. A 1999 AU Series 1 Falcon wagon. My instinct would historically have said walk away. However its in very good condition, a very sharp price, has done 190,000km, has a very tight driveline, no suspension noises or knocks, no obvious fluid leaks, strong, smooth auto gearbox, and no corrosion or major panelwork concerns. Owner has service history going back to the 100k mark (been serviced every 10k at Capital City Ford). I am looking at it primarily to haul the dogs around in, and to tow a zodiac. Are there any hidden, non-obvious things to check on the AU! Any guidance appreciated.

skyline_guy_r34, Mar 14, 2:16am
How much is it! From what ive heard just check for rust everywhere as they like to rust. And also electrics give common problems so make sure all electrics work.

I just paid $2900 for a AU1 futura sedan with 196kms and very very average paint condition (scratches everywhere and couple of golf ball dents etc)

200sx, Aug 8, 11:14pm
Ended up running with a VS Commodore wagon in the end. Similar price, lower mileage, good condition. Thanks for the feedback though.