Oil advise please

datoofairy, Jan 31, 5:55am
I have a Toyota Corolla that is very low on oil.What oil should I buy for it please!I am on a very tight budget so while I do know some oils are better than others, I cant afford the most expensive kind at the moment.

mugenb20b, Jan 31, 6:10am
What year Corolla! What engine! How many kms has it done!

moosie_21, Jan 31, 6:11am
What year Corolla! Assuming older model, so 15W-40 will do.

datoofairy, Jan 31, 6:16am
Umm.its a 2003 and its done 110780 ks.I have no idea what the engine is sorry.Its a Corolla RunX, if that makes a difference.

mugenb20b, Jan 31, 6:18am
Right, it's a petrol.

Get 10w-30 or 10w-40 of any brand. And, very important, ask the garage to give it a service every time you go for a WoF check.

datoofairy, Jan 31, 6:28am
Oh, sorry, I thought you meant technical, blokey type details about the engine.lolI do know its petrol, but pretty much nothing else.
Thanks heaps for your advise, I've made a note of what you suggest and will get some in the morning.

mugenb20b, Jan 31, 6:34am
Don't be scared of driving to your local mechanic for oil top ups. For example, you may only get charged $9, compared to buying a 1L container of oil for $15. It's sometimes even cheaper if you can get a 4 litre oil pack that's on special at some places, then slowly use it up.

datoofairy, Jan 31, 6:38am
Thanks.Someone else used to look after all that for me but now its up to me.Maybe I'll just go to a garage then, I just assumed that would be more expensive.

thewomble1, Jan 31, 11:56am
Get the forecourt attendant to check your oil. They will only charge for the oil. If no attendant go inside and ask for help. The 'new' Z stations advertise forecourt service from 10am to 5pm (I think).

elect70, Jan 31, 11:25pm
Go into super cheap gotoil sale on at momentget 4l castrol gtx$25& top it up as necessary .(to the full mark on dipstick )

intrade, Jan 31, 11:30pm
and its 1 liter oil from minimum mark to maximum.