Oil Filter change

juddy1, Feb 2, 11:27pm
Hi all.quick question.
I done a service on my car on Weds just gone .I changed the oil.but had no way to change the oil filter,Im about to get a filter remover today .is it worth changing the filter now,even though the old oil wouldve mixed with the new stuff!
cheers
oh. car is a ford telstar 94 v6 2500

caleb6661, Feb 3, 10:53am
how long since it was changed might wait a bit and change the oil again at the same time

intrade, Feb 3, 10:58pm
the only problem is the old oil from the filter mixing with fresh oil nothing you can do now just change the filter

gunhand, Feb 3, 11:28pm
some people change filter every oil change and some every 2nd so no real odds here at all unless you dont know last timeit was changed of course then doing it would be sensible. and oils cheap so do the lot again. Best thing to do for your motor is to keep good oils in it.

pebbles61, Feb 5, 10:07am
Change the filter and top up the oil, also 'pre-charge' (i.e. fill it with oil) your filter before putting it on. Also change the filter when you do the oil, it's a penny part.

sfw4, Feb 5, 11:28am
if Filter is hard to get to. get a remote mounting kit. for the life of me, the amount of times ive heard ding-dongs say it took them 1/2 a day to get to the filter sheesh!

pebbles61, Feb 5, 7:56pm
Half a day, bugger that! also another good mod if the car is old is to convert to a spin-on oil filter. The old canister ones are a bit of a hassle to pre-charge.

kazbanz, Feb 5, 8:41pm
OHH FOR GOSH SAKES PEOPLE.
This has to be a wind up surely.
OP -do your car a favour and get some more oil and do another oil/filter change. For gosh sakes its only another thirty dollars.
IF you REALLY wanna make it seem you got it right first time then pour a flush in the oil in the car.

liggy2, Feb 5, 8:53pm
Screwdriver and hammer best way to remove oil filters

mugenb20b, Feb 5, 9:34pm
No, that's the worst way, and sometimes you can't get screwdrivers in tight spots.

mugenb20b, Feb 5, 9:36pm
OK, those kind of people should stick to office jobs and kept away from anything mechanical.

clark20, Feb 5, 9:39pm
Really! Old oil is always in the motor, so it was a filter fill! So what. The oil will be that condition (95% or whatever) in a few weeks anyway. You can never drain all the old stuff out, if you get this concerned why not drop the sump and clean it all up!

bjdw, Feb 5, 9:39pm
You mean if your not as good at something as someone else you should be a quitter and not even try!

mugenb20b, Feb 5, 9:47pm
Yes, but half a day to remove an oil filter! Seriously!

bjdw, Feb 5, 9:51pm
Half a day to figure it out thew first time, a couple of hours the second time. by the 6th service you'll be nearly as fast as a pro.

mugenb20b, Feb 5, 9:53pm
Yeah, I guess so. Although, the first time round, you should be shown how it's done by the pro.