Page 1 / 4
trdbzr, Feb 8, 10:22am

morrisman1, Feb 8, 10:25am
What car do you think they will race!

rayzor14, Feb 8, 11:09am
Awesome news.
Now where is Toyota!

un_known, Feb 8, 11:47am
funny how the top comment starts of with "nissan have not got a v8" the dude's obviously living in the dark since theres one sitting in my driveway.

question is what sort of v8 will it be, i thought v8 supercars had to be of pushrod design.

tard_me1, Feb 8, 1:23pm
Cool, finally a team to root for

kyussr32, Feb 8, 5:48pm

bopbargains, Feb 8, 6:09pm
"helped make Nissan??

gadgit3, Feb 8, 6:09pm
They wont be using a Nissan V8.
All the super cars will be using a generic V8 devaloped for all the cars to run so the only thing different will be the shape of the panels that are glued to the generic space frame.

timmo1, Feb 8, 6:44pm
In other words, the only thing that will make it a Nissan will be the badge on the front.

fordmfp, Feb 8, 7:00pm
Ford and Holden will still use there own motors but Nissan will be able to use their own or one from Ford or Holden

attitudedesignz, Feb 8, 7:36pm
Kelly bro's to Nissan and Garry Rogers to Chrysler, now there's 2 teams that won't feature in the points for 'bout 2 years from the start of 2013 LOL.

Also, Nissan is to start selling Infinity brand in OZ from late this year, so there's ya V8.

gadgit3, Feb 8, 8:15pm
Really! thats not what the car of the future write up says.
Engine will become a control part and all the same

foxdonut, Feb 8, 10:47pm
Lol @ all the retarded comments on that forum.

I've said it a hundred time before - wing mirrors, boot lid, grill, headlamp assembly and badge. Those are the only components that you need to run in V8SC.

bill-robinson, Feb 8, 10:48pm
just more badges in the same old queue. BORING, certainly not motor racing.

gadgit3, Feb 8, 10:56pm
Well I disagree on the "not motor racing"
It's no different to F/ford,Toyota race series, suzuki challange, BMW series. It comes down to the best team/driver ability

sifty, Feb 8, 10:58pm
Yes good comment, it is definitely racing, but maybe not the kind that can get the boorish masses slavering that 'their' car is better than that other mobs.

gadgit3, Feb 8, 11:06pm
Yea like central mussle cars theres a bit of fun

floscey, Feb 8, 11:07pm
Nissan cant use there own v8 as it doesnt have pushrods.

gadgit3, Feb 8, 11:41pm
There will be no Holden Ford engines next season. Like the NZ super tourer it will be just one engine option. And it's not ASC that are copping the NZST it's just the way it's all going. NZV8's are also going to the same kind of thing. It's all been labled "The car of the future" and engine/chassis are genric across the board.

bill-robinson, Feb 8, 11:43pm
well if you call a procession motor racing you go for it.

gadgit3, Feb 8, 11:45pm
If it's got wheels and an engine and is going round a track trying to be the first over a line. is'nt that motor. racing

foxdonut, Feb 8, 11:47pm
Strictly speaking, Holden and Ford AU don't use their own engines as it stands anyway - They're shipped in in boxes from the states and not based on a current engine in the roster.

attitudedesignz, Feb 9, 1:00am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Y_engine

Doesn't say they have to use a CURRENT one.

gemmigem, Feb 9, 1:16am
Maybe Jimmy will come back too !

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=HBusULuWCoY

bubbles244, Feb 9, 1:34am
We'll build their prototype and get it homologated and ready for racing under the Car of the Future regulations,"

nothing on the market now obviously