Mazda Atenza 2004 S/W.any good?

loudnproud, Feb 10, 12:49am
looking at purchasing one and just wanted other peoples knowledge. thank you

carstan, Feb 10, 3:20am
Ok cars. Well overpriced

ryanm2, Feb 10, 3:54am
yeah, expensive.

bexx13, Feb 10, 8:30am
Good car, well worth the dough. Look for reasonable milage and a good service history and you shouldnt have a problem. Actually they are only expensive if you cant afford them.

fordcrzy, Feb 10, 8:32am
buy a mondeo. then youll save a bundle.even if you have a few breakdowns you will still be ahead.

zephyrheaven, Feb 10, 8:36am
Dont listen to this sicko

apart from weird front suspension noises they are all good

fordcrzy, Feb 10, 8:40am
our 2002 mondy was trouble free.

trdbzr, Feb 10, 8:41am
Pretty good, reliable cars. They are spacious and does around 8.5L per 100km with mixed driving. They are expensive but worth it. Take some for a test drive. You might notice hear 'popping' sound coming when you turn the steering wheel, but its nothing major, its just the spring insulators. Dealers sell a lot of them, but considering you can't import them anymore, it will be difficult to find a 'bargain'.

fordcrzy, Feb 10, 8:43am
man 12-16 grand for a 9 year old car is robbery. we only paid 10500 for our 3 year old mondy ex lease.

a 2004 mondeo is 90% the car an atenza is for half the price (and less road noise too with the mondy)

franc123, Feb 10, 8:52am
Its quite funny that people shell out thousands for an Atenza and will often avoid Mondeos completely without having a look under both bonnets lol, its the same donkey under there that is built in the same factories so any alleged reliability differences from the Mazda snobs trying to justify what they paid for their ageing car is a myth.Despite the Mazdas fancy multilink whizzbang suspension in the front its highly debatable that it makes for better handling on the road. IMO the build quality isnt significantly better either.

twink19, Feb 10, 8:56am
bought a 2008 Modeo from Orix NZ new, a lot cheaper than Mazda. Samw floor pan as Volvo etc.

unbeatabull, Feb 10, 9:00am
Even though they are basically the same car

jason18, Feb 10, 9:05am
I have never understood why they were so over priced. They dont do much for me. Not exactly a huge powerhouse. I thought they must have had a toyota badge on them thats why they were worth so much!