Mazda Atenza

orange_daisy, Mar 23, 8:54am
Hi,
I am looking at getting a Mazda Atenza station wagon. I am hoping to get a 6speed manual. There seem to be mainly 2003-2006 at an ok price without to many kms. Are there any big problems with these cars and anything I should look out for?
Thank you :)

electromic, Mar 23, 9:20am
I have a 2002 2.3 with 175 000kms only ever had two faults( both picked up at pre purchase inspection). 1. seized brake caliper. 2. noisy serpentine belt pulley. Have got several friends with them, one needed to replace a top engine mount at 150 00km( 2006 2.3 Manual). Another one has done 160ish 000km with no issues and the 6 speed manual is fantastic to drive. Some people have mentioned on here about rust so check the car out thoroughly. I have checked mine (pulled most of the interior out and all plastic trims) and it is mint. If you buy one take it to a mazda dealer and have the computer updated. Has made a huge difference to the fuel economy and performance.

vtecintegra, Apr 17, 11:57am
Pretty sure the six speed was introduced in the 2005 facelift - earlier cars will be a five speed