1996 Mazda familia interplay x

petetang, Feb 16, 6:02am
my car has started rough idling,the air cleaner is new.Once warmin traffic
it just about cuts out.Is this transmission or mayby plugs,Im beside myself with it.Milage isa 157,000 not high but getting like me old.

morrisman1, Feb 16, 6:05am
pull the plugs out and make sure they are not all black and sooty. Does it consume oil at all!

Does it do it when warm or cold or both! Does it do it in neutral or in gear too!

You can force the computer to produce any fault codes it has stored so that could be another option to explore. If the computer has detected a faulty sensor or component then it will log it and depending on what has gone wrong it may run in 'limp home' mode where it will run very rich.

petetang, Feb 16, 6:11am
No its dose not use any oil at all from one oil change to another.
Have not taken plugs out yet , not sure of the right toll.
When in drive more rough idling.
Not blowing any smoke when you kick down.
Thanksso far for your help

morrisman1, Feb 16, 6:17am
Idling rough when warm or cold or both! Thats a good piece of information to know when diagnosing

petetang, Feb 16, 6:32am
Both

gabbysnana, Feb 16, 6:39am
doesnt have a computa.

morrisman1, Feb 16, 6:43am
and you have determined this how! It is 1996 so chances are it is injected unless it is a 1.3L model then it may not be but probably still is

petetang, Feb 16, 6:46am
its a 1.5L fuel injected

foxdonut, Feb 16, 6:47am
A mate had a similar set of issues with his Interplay - culprit was the AFM.

morrisman1, Feb 16, 6:49am
Does it run fine at higher rpm and when under load!

petetang, Feb 16, 6:52am
Yes runs fine at higher RPM but when in stop go traffic idles rough

mugenb20b, Feb 16, 8:32am
^^^^^^ Idiot.

morrisman1, Feb 16, 8:35am
is it a low idle rough or does it idle at a normal RPM while running rough!

sorry about all the questions but I am just trying to build a picture of what is happening in my head

mugenb20b, Feb 16, 8:35am
Clean out throttle body, replace spark plugs, check air intake hoses for splits bewteen the air filter and plenum chamber. Failing that, check for air leaks around the intake manifold. Let us know how you got on.

petetang, Feb 16, 5:48pm
Thanks for that mate will do that Saturday , not good when you have to use it to get to work every day.

trogedon, Feb 16, 7:23pm
You'll probably need a Psychologist to do that MM ;-)

petetang, Feb 18, 12:39am
thanks for all the help took car in this morning got trans flush and plugs done car running like a dream again , plugs were very black. and trans very dirty.

johnf_456, Feb 18, 2:46am
thanks for letting us know how you got on

guest, Mar 6, 10:09pm
Well it seems the problem is still there