Nissan Wingroad vs Mazda Familia Station Wagons?

valleystream, Jun 26, 9:25am
What are your opinions! Am after a smallish station wagon and these 2 seem to fit the bill. Both 1500cc and roughly similar prices with years & kms on imports. Advice welcomed. Thank you.

shelleigh, Jun 26, 9:56am
I'm looking at getting a Focus one especially after seeing how roomy they are in the back but still small enough to parallel park easily.

valleystream, Jun 26, 10:05am
Focus one! Do you mean a Ford Focus! Aren't they hatchbacks!

valleystream, Jun 26, 10:21am
Looking at a Mitsubishi Airtrek too. 2000cc but some are 4 star fuel rated!

icemans1, Jun 26, 4:41pm
get a 1.8L rather than a 1.5L, i recommend nissan over mazda

trouser, Jun 26, 8:40pm
There are wagons as well.

familiadude, Jun 26, 8:40pm
have a look at a mazda capella if youre after a bit more room

andy61, Jun 26, 10:09pm
The Mazda Familia station wagon is a rebadged Nissan Wingroad,so comparing them is pointless as they are the same car.The Mazda Familia 5 door hatch is a Mazda .Check out Toyota Corolla Felders ,they are a very good wagon,use timing chain motors,very economcial and reliable.

valleystream, Jun 26, 10:20pm
Oh ok thanks kazbanz. The dogs probably wouldn't fit in the back of a Mazda then.

Andy61: not keen on the Fielder. My brother has one as his family car and it is too chewy on gas. I need a really economical car as will be driving 200kms a day.

valleystream, Jun 26, 11:15pm
Ok will check it out now. Thanks mate. Not worried about a trade in. Will sell car first. Just waiting for rain to stop to take photos! LOL.

shelleigh, Jul 30, 9:51pm
Definitely a wagon - I only found out this year they exist :) The hatchbacks are very popular though.
I love having a small wagon because it's big enough for what I need, small enough to parallel park easily (yes some of us women can parallel park lol) and I find the visibility in my Corolla wagon so much better than a sedan or liftback.
Here's a link that shows a focus wagon -
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/default.aspx!make=Ford&model=Focus%20Wagon