205/40/17 tyres

signmc1, Feb 21, 5:12am
Ok, I am in need of some new tyres but I don't want any of the Chinese budget tyres. I have been looking around online and on here to see what is available, but I was wondering if anyone knows of any deals going anywhere or has recommendations of good tyres/prices etc! many thanks in advance.

clark20, Feb 21, 5:57am

vpholdie, Feb 21, 6:23am
+1 for clarks suggestion we sell them at work get good feedback from customers about them.

kingfisher21, Feb 21, 6:59am
Your one of the few then, MY01's are junk, very very poor wet weather grip and they wear out faster than you can blink. To the original poster, nearly ALL tyres are made in China or Thailand, you just need to find some you like for the right price, what sort of car are we talking about!

sw20, Feb 21, 7:07am

clark20, Feb 21, 7:48am
He was not asking for performance tyres. And no, plenty of tyres are still not made in China. Maybe just the ones you buy, I am avoiding them completely.

xs1100, Feb 21, 8:07am
try cpa in wellington are doing some good deals to aucks at moment

kingfisher21, Feb 21, 8:10am
Myself too, but I did say "nearly". On our racks at work we would probably only have about 5% that aren't made in China or Thailand or Indonesia.

clark20, Feb 21, 9:05am
Fair enough, I do have preference for Japanese ones, maybe I should do a Jazz and get Euro ones.Pirelli or Continentals anyone! Or are they not made in Europe anymore!