1962 VANGUARD UTE

markaren, Feb 29, 8:08am
I have just picked up 1 of these for free and is a runner , i am looking for parts if any available bonnet emblem , chrome for both sides windows etc
If anybody can help would be much appreciated
thanks
Mark

gooddealz2, Feb 29, 10:31am
I know where there's one and may have contact details under a pile of paper at this desk.check out 'Classic Cars and Wrecks of New Zealand' on Facebook.There's 1600+ photo's.The one you're looking for is green and should be early on in the piece.i can't check as kids have used internet allowance up and I'm down to dial up speed.you should be able to think of a way to get in touch if you'd like to know more.

jantar, Mar 1, 1:43am
I had one of these almost 40 years ago.Engine parts are still available, they just come with Massey-Ferguson parts numbers.

I had a case of needing an exhaust valve in the mid 1970s,When the parts guy put it on the counter the price was horrendous.He saw the look on my face and suggested I try a Massey Ferguson 135 exhaust valve at a much cheaper price. It was the same valve, but with a different price structure (like 1/4 the price).

reggienz, Mar 1, 2:35am
I cut my teeth on vanguards. I think at the time (1950's) they were regarded as the fastest 4 cylinder family car on the road .I had one up to 80 miles perhour. (approx 128.Kph) Pretty easy car to work on.