1998 Nissan Sunny?

skin1235, Mar 2, 12:01am
wife has just acquired one, asks do they come with a remote lock on keyring, cos hers doesn't, and if they should where would she get on
and price if you know roughly

kazbanz, Mar 2, 3:25am
hey skin. Ive never seen a 98 model with factory remote locking I'm sorry
I'd recommend your wife gets a GOOD alarm fitted and if she hates the idea of it going off all night just get the siren disabled.
that will give her two remotes and even without a siren increased car security
Ifthey exist youll pay around $200 for one from nisssan

skin1235, Mar 2, 4:35am
had forgotten I had this thread on,
so far have found that although some had remotes the last remote sold for one in NZ was in 2007, at near $600
there are keyless entry kits on here for $49 buynow, the car has central locking, may have wireless access and can replace that motor with one from the kits sold here, but if it doesn't have a wireless one already can fit the motor from the units sold here
gives me 2 remotes to lock/unlock the doors, ( and maybe even park the mirrors - not a biggie)

poppajn, Mar 2, 4:50am
Certainly were;nt fitted new as I had one; just the old push the button down on 3 and lock the drivers.

skin1235, Mar 2, 5:06am
1998 has lock handle beside the door handle, and all doors lock from the drivers door control, also all lockand unlock when keyed from drivers door, well this one has as above

kazbanz, Mar 2, 5:13am
skin sounds like you have it sussed and given the remote entry kit isn't an alarm -if it turns out to be rubbish you've only lost a few bucks.