Time to get insurance

Page 1 / 2
str81, Mar 24, 2:42am
before all the accidents start tommorow when no-one knows the roadrules

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 24, 2:43am
Tomorrow will be no different to today as far as nobody knowing the road rules.

bellky, Mar 24, 2:44am
tomorrow i will be driving very defensively in a discovery :-)

gunhand, Mar 24, 4:00am
Im gunna find me a busy intersection. Get some chips and coke and have a laugh for a few hours. OH, hang on Im in Gore, none of our intersections are that busy. Bugga. Mind You they dont get it right now so still could be entertaining.

poppajn, Mar 24, 4:54am
You should already have insurance; should,nt be on theroad without it; no-one should.

pollymay, Mar 24, 5:12am

brokebloke1, Mar 24, 6:35am
only a idiot wouldnt have insurance even if its 3rd party

ema1, Mar 24, 7:10am
Law should be brought in to make it compulsory for all motorists vehicles to have at least a minimum of 3rd party insurance, it's long overdue and going to get even longer. Come on GOVT get off your arses and get proactive on this one.

pollymay, Mar 24, 7:20am
For the love of christ. This has been bashed to death. You WANT full cover against uninsured motorists then get freaking full cover! There is no free picnic, you can't be covered against everything without paying, if you don't want the risk of an uninsured moron hitting you then get full cover. It's that simple.

Stop whining about it.

moosie_21, Mar 24, 11:41pm
Where's the free picnic at! I'm keen!

poppajn, Mar 25, 12:13am
Yep, make it part of the rego cost.

wrong2, Mar 25, 12:22am
thats been going on a while already

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 25, 3:00am
Rubbish. Never had it: never needed it. Mind you it has only been a bit over quarter of a century I've been driving and riding,

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 25, 3:01am
Only an idiot would pay for something they don't need.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 25, 3:02am
Do another skid, bro!

mugenb20b, Mar 25, 9:12am
You still need insurance IF something goes wrong.

tonyrockyhorror, Mar 25, 9:37am
I disagree. Nobody 'needs' insurance. Many feel the need to have it simply because they've be conditioned to believe that. The fact of the matter is that if the premiums didn't outweigh the risk by some margin, insurance companies would constantly go broke.

If you're saving money by having insurance, maybe you should be looking at the risks you take. I certainly don't wish to subsidise others.

aktow, Mar 25, 1:08pm
then the police should have there cars insured and other government cars. i laughed at a cop when he tried to tell me i should not be on the road without insurance. i said to him then you should be off the road to.

frank324, Mar 25, 1:21pm
Take the bus for a week

howie69, Mar 25, 5:55pm
Government cars do have cover unless it has changed in the past year since I got a job in the real world. There is some tie up with insurance companies acting for the crown who have a self insurance scheme. They cover crown cars and any unfortunate third party should the crown driver be at fault.

3412cat, Apr 14, 4:45am
I didnt need insurance. so I let it lapse over xmas so I had extra dollars to help set daughter up at uni., I also have a company car my own car stays put in the drive,only goes out sometimes for wofs and short runs.Boss wanted company car last weekend for hunting trip,backed my car out of driveway at 6am to drop girlfriend at work saw the tandem trailer just inside my driveway so went a bit wider looked left looked right but didnt see the audi a8 right behind me just touched drivers door broke glass,mirror and dented door my car has small crack in tail light.have been advised that repairs are upward of 4k to fix with no insurance look who the looser is.

johnf_456, Apr 14, 5:31am
so who pays if your car is burnt out or stolen!

a.woodrow, Apr 14, 5:38am
If you get hit by an uninsured driver with no money, and your car is written off you'll be feeling pretty good about those dollars you saved.

gunhand, Apr 14, 5:44am
As Ive said in other threads, ive had two vehicles, one stolen and burnt and one written off while I was nowhere near them. Im glad I took the RISK of having insurance both times. I guess some people even have the ability to stop others actions while not even being in the vehicles presence, very clever that, kinda superhuman. Unless you drive a $300 car then it wouldnt really matter, untill you hit a new XYZ. But some have so much money it dosnt mater I guess.

franc123, Apr 14, 6:08am
It's going to be interesting to see if there has been any change at all of the rate of intersection crashes, somehow I doubt it. If it stays the same or even drops it kind of proves how stupid the old rule was IMO.