Mechanics in here ford/holden your opinions

taipan4, Mar 26, 5:55am
Looking at Ford/Holden utes around 2000 to .2004 Falcons $2000 cheaper than Holdens, the old GMC/Ford thing I know

taipan4, Mar 26, 6:03am
More of a reliability thing I guess over 200000km with both makes what crops up.

gimmeyourshit1, Mar 26, 6:09am
Ford all the way.

gunhand, Mar 26, 7:47am
Im sure you can find a Ford that full of problems an worn out with 100k on it as you could a Holden. And Im also sure you could find both in very tidy well maintained condition as well.Comes down to personal preference really. Ive had both and both have been reliable as each other.You can normally tell how well a car/ute has been looked after by its general appearence and how it drives. If something dosnt feel right it proabably isnt. Test drive a few with the sameish KMs on them and you will surprised how different they can feel.
I currently own an XR6 (sedan) and find it great. Little bit harsh on the bumps but I can live with that and surprisingly cheap to run.

taipan4, Mar 26, 8:33am
thanks gunhand I'm at that stage where kids are grown up & left home & time for a vehicle for " me" & looking for something other than a station waGONTHAT CAN ACTUALLY carry something bulky, without need of a trailer

mopsy3, Mar 26, 10:14pm
ford sedans have folding down back seats. Not sure about Holdens of that age, older models didnt used to because they were not structurally strong enough.

bellky, Mar 26, 10:20pm
My '91 Coon has fold down back seats.

mopsy3, Mar 27, 2:32am
belky, I was referring to older Holdens and possibly newer ones - not sure but I think VE has fold down seats now.

taipan4, Mar 27, 5:15am
yea guys thanks but the KEY word here is UTE cheers

gunhand, Mar 27, 5:19am
True, but the mechanics of it are basicly the same as AU BA BF you may be looking at.Well those talking those models anyway.

taipan4, Mar 27, 7:44am
correct there just the backseat thing hhmmm