Ford Courier. I have a 2000 4x4 ford courier it has a cracked head its a wl t engine i can get a complete head from a non turbo

360vg, Mar 28, 3:27am
I have a 2000 4x4 Ford Courier it has a cracked head its a WL-T engine i can get a complete head from a non turbo WL engine for very cheap does any one no if this will fit! they are the same to look at externally just not sure if all the water jackets and oil galleries are the same. i have been looking at new after market heads and they are listed to fit WLT and WL

horsygirl, Mar 28, 4:01am
can't beat a soft ali head from china.

360vg, Mar 28, 4:07am
probably the same as what is on there

m16d, Mar 28, 5:18am
O gawd. a Courier with a cracked head.
Might as well buy 2 while your at it.

mugenb20b, Mar 28, 5:35am
I'm not sure either, but get a BRAND NEW complete head for a WLT motor. Not worth pissing around with "very cheap" heads. Also, get the radiator rodded out.

360vg, Mar 28, 6:58am
Yea it happens alot but they are still a good truck in my books. has already got a new better radiator and ill be doing the head swap myself as they are easy to do. done a few before so trying to do it as cheap as possible will costme around $450 if i get this head from a WL that is providing it fits

kazbanz, Mar 28, 7:30am
360vg-- I THINK the non turbo head is set up for higher compression.
Please don't quote me because it was a conversation had in passing

poppajn, Mar 28, 8:17am
B.I.Lgot an after market head for his and although it would fit, all the water jackets were slightly misalined; abot 1/4 hole out, so he flagged. Paid $900 for a bare genuine Ford new head.80,000k, Ford agent did,nt want to know.

360vg, Mar 28, 12:16pm
think i am going to take the head of my truck on Friday after work. then go compare it with the wl head, ill let yous no how i get on