EL XR6

howie69, Mar 29, 7:59am
Okay gone back to a Ford for daily driver. Have an EL XR6 ( last of the EL's & no it hasn't rusted away) The manufacturer suggests at least 91 Octane. What are people running in theseplease and any advice. I am not interested in economy, just want the best for the engine. The XR6 is as I believe slightly higher compression than the standard Falcon. Must be a Ford man out there with good advice. Cheers

gunhand, Mar 29, 8:13am
From the owners manual for AU 2 XR6, Only use unleaded petrol with a minimum octane rating of 91 (RON) Higher octane petrol may be used without detriment.
Can not imagine yours to be any different.

rayzor14, Mar 29, 10:07am
Nice cars. Always liked the front on the EL and they went bloody well too.

howie69, Mar 29, 6:02pm
Yep goes good it is badged SVO but yet to check with Ford if genuine. Has usual SVO detailing

3tomany, Mar 29, 8:59pm
95 wont do it any harm 91 is the minimum but they prefer 95 but i am not sure if i would go higher without proffesional advice

aleestar, Mar 29, 9:31pm
iv got a el fairmont v8 i reckon 95 is better i put it in 1 a week

howie69, Mar 31, 4:29am
Thanks Guy's I put BP premium in today went for a return drive Wellywood to Masterton and it appeared to respond better with acceleration, and more torque on the Rimituka Hill. Think I'll stick to that

cfs, Mar 31, 9:05am
95 would probably be a better option. Might take a tank full or 2 for it to really make a difference.