Van driver side entry and exit

triangle1, Apr 7, 9:24am
What is the best make and model one ton van to use on deliveries that has the easiest entry and exit for the driver doing multiple drop offs lke 50 per load!

jmma, Apr 7, 9:25am
CA Bedford (o:

flashgordon_nz, Apr 7, 9:49am
what are you looking at doing triangle! Courier! specialized deliveries! Forklift compatible doors! are you looking new! 2nd hand!

triangle1, Apr 7, 9:52am
We deliver bulk junk mail to a network of walkers. Yes forklift compatible etc is what we are looking for but mainly driver seat access and exit. I tried the hiace ZL model and it was difficult to get in. also a lack of head room. We are looking for a secondhand van 2006 - 2009.

flashgordon_nz, Apr 7, 10:27am
Ok. Reach media type deliveries! pallets between 200kg and 900kg.
Yes, the later model ZL hiace, they do have a forklift compatible side door, but as you have observed, designed for long legged bugga's! Hence why i know of a couple that have been lowered in the front so the couriers drivers that own them can get in and out easier.
Transit or sprinter or VW crafter too big for why your doing! Id probably be looking at a VW transporter. good on fuel, would fall within your budget, comfortable to ride in, and they have a bonnet, good crash rating etc.

triangle1, Apr 7, 11:30am
Thanks for your help. I also prefer petrol but that narrows the choice. what about the nissan vans how are they for getting in and out!

ema1, Apr 7, 11:39am
Get a Hi Top model of any van and make sure it has 2 stage lifting on the rear door if top hinged or backdoors with side double back hinging of the doors that open outwards wide through 180deg at rear.
Get a van with as big a side door you can for ease of pallet loading.your choice but some of the Fiat Ducato and Iveco models do have big capacity bodies and larger doors.

flashgordon_nz, Apr 7, 11:56am
nissan aren't bad work horses. the later model ones I've seen typically are imports, and you do get some odd crossover models. Petrol is an option if your doing lower mms, or not sitting around idling. a friend of mine uses a toyota Granvia for a similar thing. she is looking at selling it due to pressure from the company she contracts to, to get a later model van. However, hers is good on petrol, built as a coach, very comfortable. easy to get in and out of. Hers is late 90's.

triangle1, Apr 7, 1:07pm
Yes rear door must lift high to allow forklift mastin for loading.

triangle1, Apr 7, 1:14pm
Yes most of these models r set up as ppl movers. even an estima set up as cargo would be worth a look.

jason18, Apr 7, 7:48pm
I would go fiat or vw. These blow those crappy toyota hiaces etc out of the water.Toyota is so over rated.

flashgordon_nz, Apr 7, 9:46pm
for loading into a rear door - The only vehicle i can recall that has a tailgate, is the pre 2004 hiace. nz new ones had 2 stage tailgate struts that would allow smaller masted forklifts to load in the rear. otherwise you will be looking at vans with rear barn doors (open sideways) to allow forklift right up to the rear. Typically Euro's. or Toyota Dyna (Light truck). Now there is a thought - (Vans are versatile) but what about a light curtain side truck!

flashgordon_nz, Apr 7, 10:10pm
yeah intrade, i saw that one for them, but location, and that it was 1.9 - there are 2.4/2.5 in the North island, closer to where they are. but it is a tidy van, and good price.

Ultimately it is up to the original poster.

triangle1, Apr 14, 12:57pm
Can you still buy those 2 stage struts! You give them a quarter turn and the roof lifts out of the way of forklift masthead. a problem for me with the ZL HiAce is no headroom plus difficult to enter and exit driver door.

triangle1, Apr 14, 12:59pm
Van must be SWB, 1 ton, have dual cargo sliding doors, petrol and automatic. I will spend approx $5000 reconfiguring the interior cargo space.