Bridgestone Epicoa tyres.?

lanks5, Apr 4, 10:15am
I need to buy a new tyre set for a Maxda SP23 sports hatch and looking for 'quiet' tyres- these have been recommended to me. Anyone tried them .!.or have a suggestion or recommendation for quiet tyres!.thanks.

clark20, Apr 4, 10:50am
Yes, they are good, just fitted some to a work vehicle

Edit You mean Ecopia!

bwg11, Apr 5, 1:50am
Check out consumer July 2011. They tested the Ecopia in 175/65x14 and it rated the worst overall of 16 tyres in that size. They were second noisiest and worst in most categories like wet braking and wet cornering. If the "feel good" factor of buying "green" is more important than your familys safety, go ahead and get them.

clark20, Apr 5, 6:33am
Now read the comments on how flawed their testing was.

vpholdie, Apr 5, 8:34am
We sell lots at work most people are really pleased with them.

pandai, Apr 5, 9:46pm
Toyo TEO Plus is another choice worth considering, I have been pretty happy with the ones on my car.They replaced a set of Michelins, I was slightly worried they would not hold up as well, but so far am pleased.

planespotterhvn, Apr 8, 10:14pm
fitted them to the front of my front wheel drive nissan maxima / cefiro and recording fuel consumption before and after the fitting of these Ecopias it has made no perceptable difference.

clark20, Apr 8, 11:10pm
Wouldn't expect it to show much difference. I drive a V8 so consumption is not a "thing" for me. Like the TV ad says we can save more by driving better. Or not.

planespotterhvn, Apr 9, 12:19am
but they are promoted as being low rolling resistance. If that's the case you think they would cause an average increase in fuel economy, especially when coupled to their worse grip and adhesion to the road.

jenny1982, Apr 9, 8:23am
old work cars were mazda 3's (new models), fitted with these tyres.
the combo of this car and tyres was so loud it gave me a headache by the end of a full day driving it.

utwo, Apr 9, 8:30am
I'd suggest trying the Toyo TEO Plus. Check out the reviews at www.productreview.com.au/p/toyo-teo-plus.html
Most people comment on how quiet they are.
Example: Replaced OE Bridgestone Potenzas on a new Mazda 6, ride comfort improved, smoother and less noisy, too early to tell about wear but 1st impressions are good, good alloy rim protection, handling, braking, cornering, steering and wet weather handling all ok under normal driving conditions and no disappointment compared to OE Bridgestone at only 60% their replacement cost.

lanks5, Apr 10, 8:57am
utwo and pandai- BIG thanks- very helpful and I'll very likely go with your recommendations- owe youbeers.cheers.

planespotterhvn, Apr 10, 6:44pm
With my testing the green factor was misrepresented.

comadi, Apr 11, 8:13am
I had them on a car we recently sold.
They are ok, but they collect a lot of stones in the wide tread if you go on any metal roads.