Windscreen replacement costs

skeldpostie, Apr 10, 10:15am
Thanx to some SCROT, that smashed the windscreen on our car tonight, we need to get it replaced.
Any idea of costs to replace on a 1994 Toyota Corona!
Would appreciate the heads up.
Worst part is, it was outside my Father in Laws house, and he is 80, and has terminal cancer, and is now worried about his own safety in his own home.
Would love to get hold of the culprit, I tell ya, there would be a hanging.

andrea_w, Apr 10, 10:17am
Some people are nothing but scum!
If the vehicle is insured it's probably a good time to check the fine print. your policy may give you a free windscreen replacement

andrewph, Apr 10, 10:21am
Theres nothin like a good lynching. hang em high. As for the windscreen they are common so they should be easy to get and reasonably priced.

skeldpostie, Apr 10, 10:23am
No, the car is for sale, and we have bought a new car, so not insured, took it off, bugger though

skeldpostie, Apr 10, 10:23am
maybe its time West Auckland had a lynching lol

fordcrzy, Apr 10, 10:28am
why cancel the insurance!
thats like saying its worth nothing.
at worst what if you hit a merc .thats just dumb.

skeldpostie, Apr 10, 10:29am
I guess its only dumb if you are going to drive it every day until its sold.
Its not being driven. It was parked out on the road, to keep the driveway clear

motorboy2011, Apr 10, 11:08am
it WAS dumb to un-insure it, you having a broken screen and no insurance proves that.

hijacka, Apr 10, 11:20am
Its Dumb to ask for a price on a messageboard when you can ring a glass place yourself and get a proper price and answer and not a dumb one.

outbidyou2, Apr 10, 11:28am
dumb are the self righteous responses. Ring smith & smith in the morn

intrade, Apr 10, 8:00pm
secoundhand pickapart or wracker . new Autoglass-stiegre manukau auckland

johnf_456, Apr 10, 10:03pm
Perhaps get insurance again

hamhonda, Apr 10, 11:58pm
at an average cost a s/h w/screen from a dismantler will cost you around $125-$145, fitting down here in hamilton is about $120.Ring smith & smith for a new costing

socram, Apr 11, 3:22am
I still have insurance for two cars that are off the road and in locked garages.Although I don't expect either garage to cave in, it doesn't take too much to trip over whilst carrying something solid and damage the car.

Leaving an uninsured car outside when there are so many scumbags around is a risk I wouldn't dare take.

gmphil, Apr 11, 3:46am
Had a few done anyway from 270-420 thats new fitted

hondalova, Apr 11, 10:15am
just had a new windscreen fitted to the front of my 91 nissan primera. for 350 that included rust repair and fitting.

extrayda, Apr 11, 8:43pm
Crap, thats bad luck.Shop around for a price (smith and smith, and there are others around).Or as suggested you could try a wrecker.I would re-insure it anyway, even if just for third party - what happens if it rolls away down the road and smashes something, or if someone is test driving it before buying (as people do) and has a smash!

matthew111, Apr 12, 3:01am
thats why we have insurance then its free no matter how many screens are broken

elect70, Apr 12, 3:25am
Can get chinese replacements for just about any jap carthese days, not worthtry to get used 1 out & refitting.Let your fingers do the walking, big variations between companies .

mantagsi, Apr 12, 7:20am
Got a window done in a toyota cynos, guy said the glass was a bit tricky to find, but all up with callout, glass and fitting I paid something like $280 from memory. Mind you I needed it done quick so it might be cheaper if you can get the car to a workshop perhaps! good luck either way