AND THE WORST SOUNDING CAR IN THE WORLD IS

Page 2 / 4
whqqsh, Apr 21, 8:53pm
you're stating, what you believe is, a fact when the answer is subjective. odd indeed

bellky, Apr 21, 8:56pm
Who cares I'm just trolling. I like what I like and I know I'm right. That's all. Anyone who disagrees with me is a lesser person. Thanks.

magicmat, Apr 21, 8:58pm
Anyway. it was a genuine question regarding the XR8's and why so many have an unpleasant exhaust note.

hyphen, Apr 21, 8:59pm
yip, and this from somebody who spoofs over Ford magazines, ha ha
Oh btw, just trolling

whqqsh, Apr 21, 8:59pm
BAHAHAHAHA!

bellky, Apr 21, 9:01pm
Unpleasant according to who! And which model!

(302w, 347w, or 5.4)

bellky, Apr 21, 9:05pm
You're wrong anyway whoever you are. I don't 'spoof' (whatever that means) over Ford magazines.

whqqsh, Apr 21, 9:24pm
its what your boyfriend gives you from behind. or orally depending on how he wants it

bellky, Apr 21, 9:26pm
Don't know what you're talking about. I'm complaining about that comment though.

poppajn, Apr 21, 9:55pm
A subaru with a truck type muffler and a pift pift valve

chris241, Apr 21, 11:59pm
Theres allways one clown to come out of the wood work

What a muppet

bellky, Apr 22, 12:10am
Farout, heavy opinion there.

whqqsh, Apr 22, 12:28am
almost as much as everyone else being 'lesser'

bellky, Apr 22, 12:30am
Truth right there.

magicmat, Apr 22, 12:31am
Pretty sure its the 5.4 I am talking about. The old school 302 and 351's usually sound pretty damn good. I realise the exhaust has a big effect on the tone but surely they cant all be using the same setup.

bellky, Apr 22, 12:36am
That's funny I thought you would have said the other. Anyway, this is for your interest if you're interested.
http://www.projectm71.com/Cross_FlatPlane.htm
It's about the firing order (mostly) and when 2 cylinders fire on the same bank consecutively and equaliser pipes.

magicmat, Apr 22, 1:07am
I am actually interested and wondered if the firing order was a significant factor. I remember the old 308's had the same firing order as the Oldsmobile engines which gave them that nice throaty (but inefficient!) sound.

richardmayes, Apr 22, 2:32am
Any form of modified V8.

The sulking, the defensiveness, and the butt-hurt when the owners realise you couldn't care less how fast it goes down the quarter mile is a truly horrible, embarrassing sound.

extrayda, Apr 22, 4:16am
Any small engined, non modified, auto jappa with a hige fart can trying to accelerate away from the lights :-)
Also those crappy sounding 'screamer' pipes.Might as well have a sign on the car that says 'look at me, look at me, small pen!& driving'.

magicmat, Apr 22, 5:33am
Actually now that you mention it, I was out before and was behind a some kind of mazda (non rotary, 5 door hatch nanna car type thing) with a massive 3inch pipe at the back. it sounded like crap. I have also heard a couple of those Altezzas that sound absolutely awful - really shrill and piercing, raspy sound.

I dont know how anyone can not like the sound of a V8 though. just me personally.

mapman, Apr 22, 6:16am
AND THE WORST SOUNDING CAR IN THE WORLD ISNot a 350 or 406.

whqqsh, Apr 22, 6:33am
Nana-time!, once again some on here can dish it out but cant take it, oh well, yet another warning & may be a good time to take a break & leave the girlies to themselves

jmma, Apr 22, 6:35am
Hardin up!

mapman, Apr 22, 6:45am
I like V8s but the wife's 3L Altezza sounds the opposite of awful and corners like a Go-Kart, so can not agree with your statement at all.

bellky, Apr 22, 6:49am
Well well well.