Car help please. Walked past my car this morning and noticed a large puddle of oil underneath put some oil in the car and now th

jooolz1, Apr 21, 10:04pm
Walked past my car this morning and noticed a large puddle of oil underneath, put some oil in the car and now the puddle is even larger, not a good sign right!

aliru, Apr 21, 10:09pm
try checking your sump plug

poppajn, Apr 21, 10:10pm
You either got a leak or you missed the filler when putting oil in.

intrade, Apr 21, 10:10pm
yea dont sounds good. did you check how much oil is in the engine with the dipstick first!

intrade, Apr 21, 10:11pm
would also help to know what car and take some picturesand post em here.

jooolz1, Apr 21, 10:14pm
Dont know where the sump plug is, no didnt check how much oil is in there, but theres none now.Its a toyota Cavalier, 1996.Has been running really well.

audi_s_ate, Apr 21, 10:16pm
Might have just done you a favour. Quite possibly the worst modern cars on the road in New Zealand.

intrade, Apr 21, 10:18pm
that is not a toyota unfortunately. Can you answer all other questions asked ! post 3 for example

jooolz1, Apr 21, 10:19pm
What! Its been a good car, never had any trouble.

bevharris1938, Apr 21, 10:19pm
Have you got any ememies ! Sounds like someone has removed your sump plug. Did you hit the bottom of the car on anything when last driven !

intrade, Apr 21, 10:19pm
also where do you live rural gravel roads! how low is the car as some cars can put a hole in the sump and or knock the oil filter off on uneaven roads

jooolz1, Apr 21, 10:22pm
Yes I definitely poured oil in to the car, have a funnel.Dont live on gravel roads, but yes I did run up a kerb and heard a scraping sound underneath, thanks, that may be it.

intrade, Apr 21, 10:25pm
you probably ripped the sump open.
Check if there is any oil on dipstick and look where oil is pouring out. Car cant be driven with no oil in engine or hole in sump mechanic will have to replace the sump.
It should not be a big problem to get parts for these as they all blow up .

therafter1, Apr 21, 10:26pm
2+2=4

jooolz1, Apr 21, 10:26pm
Haa, thanks for that, problem solved hopefully.

therafter1, Apr 21, 10:31pm
Not yet it isn't . the sump will have to come off for repair, and from memory there is a flattened pipe arrangement associated with the cooling system that runs underneath the sump as well !

jooolz1, Apr 21, 10:33pm
Just remembered I'm an AA member, will get them to check it out, and no I am not blonde haha.

jooolz1, Apr 21, 11:04pm
So next question, how to get oil off concrete!

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 21, 11:23pm
I have to wonder why would anyone put oil in without first checking the level!

johnf_456, Apr 22, 1:22am
Yip or at least not establishing first what the is from.