Battery or charging issue.

littlebuckrat, Apr 21, 10:58pm
Is there a easy way to test stuffed battery/alternator!

alan1111, Apr 21, 11:08pm
Flat battery i presume !
The battery light on the dash does it go out when you start the car up. If does not probably alternator but my advice is go to a mechanic and get it checked out.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 21, 11:19pm
Yes. It's easy when you know how.

littlebuckrat, Apr 21, 11:52pm
pretty confident itll be the battery as everythings running good lights bright etc when its started just not enough juice to start her from cold

andy61, Apr 22, 12:12am
Sounds like battery

intrade, Apr 22, 1:15am
does it start fine when you add jumper cables!

johnf_456, Apr 22, 1:20am
Get a cheap multimeter and measure the voltage when engine is running.

petermcg, Apr 22, 1:44am
What sort of car is it

msigg, Apr 22, 2:05am
Just rev it with the head lights on, if it goes brighter then your charging is ok. Its the battery.

bigfatmat1, Apr 22, 4:25am
This does not work on most vehicles. op take to auto sparky most will check for free espicially if its ya batt and you buy from them which is also probably cheaper than supersheep or repco.

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 22, 4:33am
Fully charge the battery then test the battery voltage when cranking for 10 seconds. Disable the fuel or ignition so it doesn't start.

It's almost certain to be the battery. First cold snap always kills the marginal ones.

cassandra13, Apr 22, 6:06am
marshell or any auto sparky can do a simple load test on the battery. done.

planespotterhvn, Apr 22, 6:53am
Can be shagged starter bearings which give the exact symptoms of a stuffed battery.take to auto electrician and they can do some quick tests.

littlebuckrat, Apr 22, 7:12am
To late its got a new battery. Its a diesel hilux seems the battery just holding charge according to my engineerman

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 22, 9:25am
It's called a surface charge. There's no delivery capacity behind it.

littlebuckrat, Apr 22, 11:08am
not reall worried what its call batterys stuffed so down the hole it goes

tonyrockyhorror, Apr 22, 12:39pm
So you're not keen on learning anything in order to help yourself in the future. Your loss.