Subaru legacy?

Page 1 / 2
dyln.sampson, Apr 25, 12:34am
2004-2005

??? Subaru legacy 2litre turbo, or

??? Subaru legacy 3litre H6

Looking to buy one but which one benefits me. !

v8_mopar, Apr 25, 12:40am
In one hand i hold string in the other i have the other end of the string.
How long is it

ninja_man, Apr 25, 12:40am
we cant tell you if we dont know what you want out of the car

alltorque350, Apr 25, 2:46am
I'd go for the 3.0 H6. Take both for a test drive.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 25, 3:32am
Id rather go for a mitsi legnum 2.5l vr4 turbo. Its awd and its not a gdi either. Still similar size n less likely to visit workshop garage anywhere near as often as a subaru. I myself converted for reliability. Just dont buy from a boyracer and you less likely to have issues.

But if you must have a subaru. I'd go for the 2l twin turbo.

dyln.sampson, Apr 25, 3:33am
Just a everyday car. I'm no boy racer or someone but do like to get through traffic if I really needed to

dyln.sampson, Apr 25, 3:34am
I used to have a vr4 1996 didn't like it!

n1smo_gtir, Apr 25, 3:37am
im no boy racer either but enjoy having the twin turbo at arm when need to overtake. Keep it running as standard. No w4nky pshhhhh sound or attention seeking noise. Keep up with maintenance and you'll enjoy the stealthy weapon=)

nzmarty1, Apr 25, 3:40am
I have a 2.5 Outback. Great car, very comfortable, incredibly capable 4x4, roomy, solid built quality.Unfortunately I am just pulling the engine out for the second time - the first time to replace a $15 seal on the back of the block - I did the cam belt while it was out ($600 for belt/pump etc) - and now the second time as the engine has seized solid - I suspect a cam has snapped and dropped a valve, but because it's a boxer engine I can't get the head off to look at it.I won't be buying another Subaru.Ever.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 25, 3:43am
true. In that case take the 2l turbo one n see if it gives you a inspiration=) i would go for subie especially if the post 2k models are alot more reliable. If funds are not issue. Go for gold=) wouldnt mind one myself but cant afford one atm=P lol. Maybe later in life.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 25, 3:48am
yeah thats the only thing i have against subie. Any work needing done to the block gets costly cos you pretty much have to take the whole block out. But agreed the outbacks are quite roomy n comfy. Ex inlaw had a non turbo and was pleased with room space for all her baby stuff.

dyln.sampson, Apr 25, 4:05am
Really so why is it so hard to do work on! Is the headers below something!

jason18, Apr 25, 4:10am
Both are very good cars. 3lt has good power as well as the turbo one. Be a hard choice and its whether you want a turbo or not!

jason18, Apr 25, 4:11am
Yeah those 2.5 engines have very bad name! Not to say that the later model ones will have the same problem.

unbeatabull, Apr 25, 4:14am
The engine is flat, rather then up and down like a Inline engine or on an angle like a V engine. The heads are pretty much hard against the chassis rails/inner guard etc so little to know room to get them off in place - it can be done but far easier and quicker in some cases to just drop the whole lot. The intake manifolds can also be an absolute bitch and coolant hoses/pipes etc that run under there can be time consuming to replace if needed. I've never found a boxer engine to have a great deal of power either, certainly no more then other brands at the same cost.

n1smo_gtir, Apr 25, 4:15am
Due to the way e engine is laid out. You dont have a hell of much room to get in there. i havent done header work on it but even basics of chsnging dpark plugs is a hedious task trying to get to it. Any other standard block i could change all 4 spark plugs in 15 mins.

dyln.sampson, Apr 25, 4:21am
Im goin more towards the 3 litre as I don't like the fact of a turbo stressing the engine as much. Also the 3litre has cruise control! Lol

jason18, Apr 25, 4:28am
3lt has ample power too. Very good cars

jason18, Apr 25, 4:28am
I loveeee cruise control haha

dyln.sampson, Apr 25, 4:33am
What's that!

n1smo_gtir, Apr 25, 4:33am
Let us know how the test drive goes=)

dyln.sampson, Apr 25, 4:37am
Iv driven the turbo one. Loved it ! Now to try the 3 litre one. Awesome power steering! Very smooth.

nzmarty1, Apr 25, 4:38am
the 2.0l should have cruise if you get the right model.the 3.0 is heavy and thirsty.personally, i'd go for a VX or VY commodore wagon.do some google searching on the 3.0l.

dyln.sampson, Apr 25, 4:43am
Commodore is to overly priced for what they are. Petrol isn't a issue here.

dyln.sampson, Apr 25, 11:49pm
Just saw a legacy that has the si drive! Should I pay a extra 2000 for a legacy with the si drive and a year younger! It's the facelift model too!