Setting up a van for tools

jrd78, Apr 26, 6:36am
Hi
I've just bought a 05 Hiace and after options on setting it up to cart my tools as im a builder,had a search on google but haven't come across any good sites/pictures of how people set there's up, so if you've come across a site can you please post a link up, thanks in advance

stevo2, Apr 26, 6:45am
I've got the same van and I welded up a frame for the rear out of 25x25 box.
I can take some photos and post them here for you in the weekend if you like.
Cheers Stevo

tnt423, Apr 26, 7:50am
I did a couple at work last year for a building company, on the bottom it had two big draws like this http://www.rolaworx.co.nz/vanworxAccessories_gallery.html one out the side and one out the back to store all there tools, then on top of the draws it had a 100mm gap that was 1300 wide to store gib or plywood sheets, then on top it just had a plywood floor, all the frame was made out of 25x25x1.6 Rhs steel.

jrd78, Apr 26, 7:34pm
Cheers Stevo2,be great if you could post a few pics of yours, and thanks tnt423 for the above link,has given me some great examples. James

kazbanz, Apr 26, 9:43pm
JRD---before kitting out the inside--Invest in a GOOD quality alarm for you van.

paull, Apr 26, 11:32pm
wow so tidy and neat must be real easy to get to your tools where you can see them stacked away in there own cubby hole.hahah

elect70, Apr 27, 12:54am
Most builders I know just chuck the gear in the back .along with the materials ,, hand tools inbag .Stuff paying him $50+ hr toput everthing in tidy& clean.

russ18, Apr 27, 2:57am
With PIR sensor in the back.

trademerob, Apr 27, 4:16am
If your a builder.and i am in the trade.If you can not set it up your self there is no way i would want you working on my place.WOW

jrd78, Apr 28, 12:46am
is the following link a picture of your van !http://images.trademe.co.nz/p-
hotoserver/40/214896140_full.j-
pg
Thanks for the constructive input, trademerob, so the people that use companies like http://www.rolaworx.co.nz/vanworxAccessories_gallery.html must be crap tradesman!

jrd78, Apr 28, 12:53am
Cheers Stevo for pics,given me a few ideas, i also like the drawer system that rolaworx have also .

jason18, Apr 28, 8:39am
Nice set up and love how tidy it is. Nothing worse than a builder turning up with shit everywhere.Make ya wonder what his work is like if his van is a craphole.Same with painters that have paint all over the back of there van.On the outside! Rough!

outbidyou2, Apr 28, 11:31am
too true

princess_peck, Apr 28, 12:40pm
Can't go wrong with a raised floor around 400 -500mm high which basicallly doubles your floor space (runs from rear of van to start of sliding door), I just smashed one out with 75x50mm framing + custom wood cover sheets which cost fuck all. Everyone has different needs but this works perfect for me. Personally I woundn't fuck around with draws,,, you need to see all of your gear. Its through alot of time in the industry that I have refined my set up, but everyone has different requirements, so each to their own.

jgig23, Apr 28, 1:04pm
With your feedback I wouldn't want you working on my place.

stevo2, Apr 29, 6:44am
I also liked the rolaworx system untill I got the price. Then I had 2500 reasons why I no longer liked it.