What psi to inflate my tyres to?

sikeres, May 1, 2:18am
I have noticed that the tyres on my Honda Odyssey are looking a bit flat.

I went to the garage this morning to inflate the tyres but because the sticker on the drivers door jamb is ripped, I couldn't read the psi number.I asked for help at the garage but the guys said he didn't know what psi.

I have googled and not found an answer, so was wondering if any Motoring TMMBers could help me!

Thetyres are:

Supercat 215/60R16 95H Tubeless Steel Belted Radials.

TIA

ninja_man, May 1, 2:21am

sikeres, May 1, 2:25am
Thanks ever so much!

hijacka, May 1, 2:42am
40psi for Christchurch roads

phalanax, May 1, 6:36am
29 psi at noon on a sunny day .

beblowin, May 1, 6:44am
36 if your not planning to check them for a while, they will deflate in time.

dan.kev, May 1, 8:39am
32 to 34 psi is fine i work for a tyre co. and its a free check

n1smo_gtir, May 1, 9:44pm
most tires from memory has a recommended psi rating somewhere on the tire but as i got similar tire to you OP, same brand and 1 inch smaller, i usually pump mine to 34 as there are a lot of pot holes and what have you not which will deflat your tires quicker. on longer road trip where the road condition aint so bumpy i chuck it on 32 as it wouldn't deflate as quick.

johnf_456, May 2, 10:11am
34 here, minimal wear and great fuel economy

sikeres, May 4, 2:30am
Sorry, for the delay in coming back here to say thank you to you all for your advice.My tyres are now pumped to 34 psi.

I have learnt so much about psi over the last few days and as they say knowledge is power!

Thanks again everyone!

tigra, May 4, 2:46am
Can you now read minds! Very useful on here sometimes.

akaniva, May 4, 10:45am
You need to know that most specs are for cold tyre pressure. Once you have driven 2km or more, the tyre pressure rises at least 2psi. Therefore 36psi warm equates to 34psi cold. For my 215/45-17 tyres I put 45psi warm which results in perfect even wear, and is probably about 42psi cold.