Nissan Sulphy 1800------2000

toysky, Apr 15, 10:47pm
Are they a good reliable car!

Are they a old peoples car!

morrisman1, Apr 15, 11:05pm
All of the above

They are just a modification to the n16 pulsar, they will have the QG series engine which is pretty solid but some have stretched timing chains. If its a first generation one then it would have a conventional auto which is not a problematic unit but not really a drivers transmission.

Go take one for a drive and if you like it then go for it. You wont need to have sleepless nights in fear that it wont start in the morning

mugenb20b, Apr 16, 12:19am
I drove a customer's one the other day. It's a very nice car to drive, nice interior too, although, it has a very simple and basic rear suspension set up. The CVT was silky smooth and worked very well. I would happily own one, despite its Neo engine. Some of these cars also come with non DI engines and regular auto transmissions.

mugenb20b, Apr 16, 12:21am
Don't know. Is a Nissan Laurel an old people's car (given it's named after somebody's grandmother)!

morrisman1, Apr 16, 1:43am
think about honda civics, they were bought new by old people then owned second hand by boy racers.

freedomaira320, Apr 16, 2:02am
Haha! Nissan Sulphy. is that a Nissan Sylphy with an exhaust emission problem!

richardmayes, Apr 16, 3:32am
Yes but Honda civics are low-slung little cars with sporty looks, tunable handling and the ability to fairly easily swap the normal engine for a much faster one. A Nissan Sylphy may well be a good car, but it is none of those things.

stevexc, Apr 16, 4:11am
The 1.8 has a standard automatic and standard injection
The 2.0 has a CVT transmission and direct injection

To avoid problems I'd go with the 1.8

siobhan41, Apr 16, 4:17am
My wife currently has a 2004 1.8 with leather , HID headlights etc and has been very reliable, perfect for what she needs but not at all exciting to drive.
All she wants is something that always starts and gets her from A to B.

kazbanz, Apr 16, 9:12am
Toyski--the bluebird silphy in either the 1500cc manual or 1800cc auto version is a solid reliable car.Comfortable to drive. the auto is basicly the same 4 stage auto every bluebirds had.
The 2.0l version is just as comfortablebut has the neo engine -which currently has issues with the camchain stretching too fast --ie needs replacing at about 100kand also The 2.0l is CVT transmission which still hasn't had the wrinkles worked out of it.
As far as being an oldies car--I dunnno I've sold em to25 year olds to 89 year olds