My V8, coming togtether nicely

Page 1 / 2
fordkiwi27, Apr 14, 12:33am
sweet! whats it in!the ute!

cowboy110, Apr 14, 12:39am
Looking good quickstitch.but I've noticed a small fault.Everyone knows that any decent V8 should have the dizzy at the back of the motor.

clark20, Apr 14, 12:52am
Looks good.

I too hate those flexi hoses, maybe two small angles and a bit of stainless tube would work

bellky, Apr 14, 12:58am
Go the 351c.

attitudedesignz, Apr 14, 2:06am
Distributor is in the wrong place, but i guess the amount of time you need to work on Ford V8s it's good to have it so accesible.

trogedon, Apr 14, 3:07am
Who are you getting to do the UPHOLSTRY!

gadgit3, Apr 14, 3:09am
Oh no. going to fail a wof on those tyres Quickstitch

patiki1, Apr 14, 3:22am
What has been done to the motor!

whqqsh, Apr 14, 3:34am
thats because it'll go as quick in reverse as the cars powered by other motors do going forwards, so to balance the odds they leave it that way.

extrayda, Apr 14, 3:53am
XD! Engine bay looks very like my XA used to, except for the newer master cylinder, front looks different though!
Could be wrong here, but aren't chrome pans less good for getting rid of heat than standard ones!
I used to like the idea of the dizzy at the back, but whenever I had to work on the chev, I missed the handy dizzy at the front of the 351C.302 / 351! I hope you are going twin exhausts, nothing sounds as good as a twin on a V8 (IMHO !).

extrayda, Apr 14, 3:54am
and meant to say - looking good.

chels0717, Apr 14, 4:04am
Flamin nice man ! Ford Racing - yee haa !

i-n-horz, Apr 14, 4:47am
Nice package.and not too tight either.have you had the powerplant throb'n yet!

hfc2, Apr 14, 5:52am
attitudedesignz. the ones with the dizzy up front and their firing order sound sooo much better!

nave12, Apr 14, 7:19am
Ooooohh yes,+1000

quickstitch, Apr 14, 7:23am
yeah they say the chrome sumps hold the heat but it is a 7 quarts sump so more surface area to cool the oil down and there is more oil so it spends less time in the engine so it doesn't gather as much heat' going for a big single exhaust for now as i will need to pull a fuel cell in to run a twin system. but i plan to fit a cell and twin exhaust in the very near future.have a two into one flowmaster copy for now, will sound awesome.sorry O for orsum.

cuda.340, Apr 14, 7:32am
wtf are you talking about. all Hemi's have their dizzy at the front, just on a bit of an angle.

cowboy110, Apr 14, 7:41am
Like their owners.a bit cock eyed.

cuda.340, Apr 14, 9:27am
at least their not one eyed.

extrayda, Apr 14, 10:00am
I thought it was rotaries that had the dizzy at the front on an angle!

hotrodtodd1, Apr 14, 10:20am
Not true sir.

The 331-392 Hemis had the dizzy at the rear. Only the 426 (not a true Hemi either) has it at the front and on the angle.

I will not comment on the Toyota Hemi nor the Daimler Hemi as neither are Mopar

quickstitch, Apr 14, 10:12pm
You are a teacher aren't you ! UPHOLSTERY, i have seen worse attemps at spelling it. i was gonna say worser but the gramma nazis will string me up for it.
I might have to do the upholstery, but i don't know if i will keep the car that long. I get more enjoyment playing with the motor. Once i get the motor up to the specs i want then i will go looking for a cheap chrome bumpered falcon to drop it in, if such a thing exists

quickstitch, Apr 14, 10:24pm
Nothing, just bolt ons. I have a complete rebuild kit, Sealed power flat tops, rings, bearings,ARP rod bolts, Crower lumpy cam, springs,lifters, Mellings pump, Arp drive, tru roller chain, Priority oiling system, gaskets etc waiting to be used. I wanted to sell this motor and them build my spare 351 up to fit in but got no bites on it so i will build the other motor at my leisure (as i can afford it). About $1500 needed in machining to be done, then i will sell the old motor to pay for some CHI heads

cuda.340, Apr 15, 12:48am
sorry Todd, you are right, but the reality is, there's only one Hemi thats worth having & it's dizzy is at the front. the others are just ornaments for old men.

bellky, Apr 15, 1:05am
Yeah wicked. We're talking about proper Ford stuff here, not that other stuff.