Polishing your car with JIFF.

Page 2 / 3
grangies, May 2, 7:29am
I've used G3 for scuffing up blends when I have run out if scuff stuff. Works ok.

The best thing I like about Scuff Stuuf is the way it sticks to the panel when you dab it on.

On a large job with various blend out areas you can go around the vehicle dabbing it on in one go, and once you get to it with the scoth pad its still there. Rather than slunk down the panel.

But. Pretty keen on giving Jiff a go with the buff though. LOL

attitudedesignz, May 2, 7:30am
Oh for gods sake, not you as well.

grangies, May 2, 7:35am
Hehehehe.

May as well give it a whirl. What's the worst that can happen!

gunhand, May 2, 7:41am
It works more a polish than cutter LOL, and I havent used it on fresh paint yet which is easier to polish than stuff thats years old.

gunhand, May 2, 7:42am
Aw come on, I know what youll be doin tomorrow, "hey wifey wheres the jiff":

rob_man, May 2, 7:44am
I reckon Jiff might be a little too coarse for cutting/polishing. Too many "wild" grains of abrasive stuff in there.

taipan4, May 2, 7:44am
"no harsh scratching" haha

attitudedesignz, May 2, 7:47am
JIF CREAM LIQUID CLEANSER ??

mlh19658, May 2, 7:49am
Brasso is magic. been using for years

attitudedesignz, May 2, 7:49am
What i AM gonna do tommorow is see how 'Final Sand' buffs up.

beast9, May 2, 7:51am
gota love the real kiwi ingenuity

gunhand, May 2, 7:51am
Ha ha made ya look though.
This is not a recomendation to start using Jiff as a cutter, but hey tell ya rep it works better and he may go pale.

roddie1971, May 2, 7:54am
wouldnt use it again, jeff stuffed my car. dark blue left marks everywhere

gunhand, May 2, 7:55am
How did you use it!

richynuts, May 2, 7:55am
My stepdad uses jiff and brasso on his cars and they always have an awesome shine.

a.woodrow, May 2, 7:55am
just tell jeff to pay up to repair it

attitudedesignz, May 2, 7:57am
HAHA good catch, didn't even see that.

rob_man, May 2, 7:57am
Bloody Jeff, won't be letting him near my car.

grangies, May 2, 8:13am
I'll give it a go as a swirl remover.

If it makes even worse swirls then I'll stop. But if it works well, then. Yee hah. LOL.

I do between 3-5 full cut and polishes a week, so I'm always on the lookout for a new or better product.

attitudedesignz, May 2, 8:16am
You ARE takin' the mickey.please say ya are.

gunhand, May 2, 8:21am
I did say it didnt work as well as proper stuff but did work all the same. I reckon somewhere between full cut and final glaze.
And I dont think it went as far as proper stuff either.
This was just an excerise I done out of interest, well actually I was still looking for a real harsh cutter LOL but it wasnt that harsh at all.
Still have to see about the wurth product yet.

grangies, May 2, 8:21am
I'll give it a go. And if it works. Then. Hey. why not!

neville48, May 2, 8:35am
Have heard the active cutter in jiff is [stone] Quartz Marble dust. I used to use Brasso to polish fibreglass moulds for yachts etc, worked really well.

supernova2, May 2, 8:37am
If you believe the ads then BAM is the one.Hell it will remove everything in one little wipe then you can polish the bare steel with a steelo pad.Dont forget that there arer several generic house brands of JIFF.They probably have different "scratch' levels.Whatever happened to VIM!Yep Chemico at P&S last time I wanted any.

tigra, May 2, 9:02pm
Chemico is available as 2 different pastes and 2 different creams. Think its still made in Petone