Polishing your car with JIFF.

Page 3 / 3
tgray, May 2, 9:14pm
jiff is great for certain applications.
I have used it to remove small specific marks on white cars.
Certainly don't reccommend it to 'polish' a car with.

n1smo_gtir, May 2, 9:17pm
hey if you spend $5 on a bottle of Jiff, you got enough left for a $50 bag and half a dozen stubby.

richardmayes, May 3, 3:12am
I bet Jif would munt up the skin on your hands a lot better than any car polish!

dave653, May 3, 3:42am
I used Simonize for years. Went to get another tin recently, to polish the VNs boot and roof, and all I found was some sloppy shit in a bottle. that doesn't work like the old gold tin! Typical. new stuff has nothing on the original!

rob_man, May 3, 4:51am
The Simoniz before that was even better, they changed it in the 70s. Funny how stuff stops working after a while when the active ingredients are gradually used more sparingly. Oven cleaner was once the ace signwriting remover but they changed the formula and now it doesn't even clean your oven let alone soften enamel paint.
Probably because people are too stupid to be trusted with anything too strong.

pollymay, May 3, 4:55am
I have an old tin from waaaaaay back which has been kept sealed, it works great.

dave653, May 4, 1:43am
Yeh, I finished my old tin after about 15 years!

jared861, May 4, 6:14am
White spirits or Turps is great for yellowed headlights.

richardmayes, May 4, 6:20am
My old man used Simoniz his whole life on his Triumph.

He thinks the reason his car has no paint left is just pure natural attrition.

rob_man, May 4, 6:52am
I'm in a panic now because The Herald is going to tabloid size, how am I supposed to mask a window with half a sheet of newspaper!

gunhand, May 4, 6:59am
God I hate newspaper. apart from being thin you spend half the time finding things to read.

rob_man, May 4, 7:34am
I find the rolls of masking paper to be too narrow and newspaper has one major advantage aside from the size, it's free.

trogedon, May 4, 7:57am
The bath and toilet came up ok with Scuff Stuff did they!!

gunhand, May 4, 8:00am
I tried Scuff Stuff as a polish today, naaaa not enough gritt LOL.

tshop, May 4, 8:13am
Pity Jiff it cant fix 10mm door gaps after all that work aye gunhand.

rob_man, May 4, 8:21am
10 mm! How do you get them that tight!