Fingers Crossed My Windscreen Will Be Free.

paulap, May 2, 8:34am
For the second time in 8 months I have a munted windscreen. I thought I only had one free windscreen every 12 months. Have looked at my policy online and there is no mention of 12 months. Here's hoping when I ring AMI tomorrow they say the same thing. I don't want to pay for one.

Bad enough my bonnet has already had one respray because of stone chips. This will make windscreen number 3 since I have had this car.

Do new road surfaces ever get swept any more!

gunhand, May 2, 8:37am
Do new road surfaces ever get swept any more!

paulap (353 )8:34 pm, Wed 2 May #1

No, im pretty sure its a bloody conspiricy between the roading outfits and glass companys.

paulap, May 2, 8:42am
So frustrating. It will be another day without a car next week. Just lucky I guess that the rock didn't come all the way through. It was a good size.

smac, May 2, 8:44am
If it was a good sized rock then it wasn't from the new seal.

paulap, May 2, 8:47am
Was where there have just been roadworks. A truck flicked it up. Possibly from the side of the road which have all been graded recently.

mantagsi, May 2, 8:51am
I can totally understand where you are coming from at the moment. Got rear ended on the motorway this evening in a car I've not long bought, hoping like hell the other guy has insurance but he acted funny when I asked, guess Im out of pocket big time /rant over

gunhand, May 2, 8:53am
UM, not if your insured. Only cost you your excess.

mantagsi, May 2, 8:55am
I got 3rd party so I suck the kumara

paulap, May 2, 8:57am
Bugger

paulap, May 2, 9:55pm
Phew.no limit on windscreens

rallec, May 2, 11:14pm
Mantagsi, a lot of insurers will still pay out (usually up to $3000) if you're on 3rd party and get hit by an uninsured driver.Usually the other driver has to admit fault, and then your insurance chase them down with no real loss to you.Not foolproof, and if the damage is more than the limit then you're still left trying to get what you can from the other driver, but far better than nothing.

elect70, May 3, 3:46am
Dont follow so close to vehicle in front esp trucks. t haventhad 1 in 30 years motoring , had few chips&cracks that wouldnt pass WOf

paulap, May 3, 4:29am
He was coming the other way.