BA FALCON S/W SIDELIGHTS

kenw1, May 6, 6:16am
Anybody tell me which fuse controls the sidelights/tail lights on a falcon wagon!

Can hear a relay clicking when I turn the switch, but still no lights.

a.woodrow, May 6, 6:26am
If you can hear the relay click I would probably try new bulbs

kenw1, May 6, 6:34am
No they have all gone, side and tail and the dash lights.

a.woodrow, May 6, 6:36am
Have you been towing recently!

bigfatmat1, May 6, 6:40am
if it is not marked use a test light. turn key on turn lights on access the fuse box internal an external you will see 2 metal test points on each fuse you should have power on both sides if only power on one side fuse is blowen. some fuses will not have power at all ignore these will be for differnt circuits.

unbeatabull, May 6, 6:59am
Are you talking about the Stop Lights or the Tail Lights - If its tail lights, do the low beam/front lights work as well!

If not, it is common for a wire in the stalk to break, can repair in place if your super good with a soldering iron but most will remove the steering wheel and stalk assembly to repair.

kenw1, May 6, 7:21am
Yes, they went on the way home.

kenw1, May 6, 7:22am
Just to clear up.the lo hi beam work, but not the little side lights at the front.No tail lights, but brake and indicators all ok.

brokebloke1, May 6, 8:21am
check the fuses in the engine bayim sure that where the lights are

unbeatabull, May 6, 8:58am
The little sidelights! You meaning the park lights!

If so, will either be a fuse or that broken wire, if its done it during towing I lean towards it being a fuse but the wires are common in the stalk to break and seeing your dash lights don't work either it fits the bill. Generally dash lights still work depending on which fuse is blown

kenw1, May 6, 9:00am
Yep the park lights, is the fuse box under the bonnet the only one, or is there another hidden in the cab! thanks

snoopy221, May 6, 9:07am
Just to clear up if it is not marked use a test light. turn key on turn lights on access the fuse box internal an external you will see 2 metal test points on each fuse you should have power on both sides if only power on one side fuse is blowen. some fuses will not have power at all ignore these will be for differnt circuits.

unbeatabull, May 6, 9:19am
The CJB (Central Juntion Box, aka Fuse Box) is hidden under the cover inside by your Right Knee under the dash by the door.

If the fuses are all ok, it will be the wire in the stalk. The stalk has a cover on the back of it that you can flick off with a tiny screwdriver/pick set and can then inspect all the wires, I bet one of them will be broken or worn through. They are made too short from factory and is a very common fault.

manic0077, May 6, 9:23am
i like lollie pops

bigfatmat1, May 6, 7:19pm
The switch turns the relay on he can hear the relay. The fuse provides power to relay contacts!

kenw1, May 6, 9:43pm
Thanks All, at 5 this morning I remembered a little book I had that gave all the fuse outs.So hunted round in the car (in the dark) and found that, yes it was the fuse in the footwell that had blown.Oh for my Morris Minor only has 2 fuses.

unbeatabull, May 7, 8:05am
True. Forgot about/didnt read that part!

I'd be getting your trailer plug wiring on the car & trailer checked in case there is something wrong causing the fuse to blow