Directional tyres? asymmetric tyres?

phil116, May 7, 9:06am
Im so lost lol.I need to get 4 new tyres as a car I have just brought has snow tyres!What should I buy!Id like to stay mid range price.Thanks!

edangus, May 7, 9:08am
depends on the car. but my personal preference is asymetrical

phil116, May 7, 9:11am
Its a honda stream.and takes 205 50 16.ha I learnt that today lol

jenifa, May 7, 9:17am
If you brought the car I would get them to help resolve.

phillip.weston, May 7, 9:28am
go for whatever offers the best grip and endurance vs the price. 205/50 R16 is a common size so shouldn't be too difficult to get something reasonable. If you're replacing all four it doesn't really matter which you choose.

phil116, May 7, 9:31am
Thanks!They have some on trade me for about $89 but im guessing they are not the best tyres.Then they go up to $119.then climb all the way to over $200!

tonyrockyhorror, May 7, 1:18pm
Where did you bring it from!

brapbrappy, May 7, 8:15pm
Pirelli P6000's

a.woodrow, May 7, 8:17pm
They are great tyres ^^ well worth the extra $. I had a set on my holden and found them very quiet with great handling

kazbanz, May 7, 8:22pm
Go back to the slimeball that sold you the car and get a propper set of tyres fitted by them
For reasonable tyres on a stream I budget $400 a setbut frankly even a decent set of half worn tyres for $200 will be better than whats on the car.

phil116, May 7, 11:43pm
he did offer to put different tyres on but he took $400 off the price of the car if I wanted to do that myself.and as I figured that I would be better to do that myself as if he did they wouldnt be new tyres .or if they where may be the $79 ones.so I have the $400 towards new tires.but just have to figure out what to buy.

richardmayes, May 8, 12:14am
Beaurepaires and Firestone both have pages on their websites where you can plug in EITHER the make & model of your car, OR the actual tyre size you want, and page after page of results for all the different tyres they stock will pop up.

The Stream is a Honda Civic floor pan with a tall 7-seat people-mover body on it. Don't waste your money on high-performance directional tyres, it's not a Type R Civic and you aren't trying to shave another 1/10th of a second off your lap times.

You'll be fine provided you just don't buy the cheapest available ("WHAMMO! MEGA CATS" or whatever the bottom of the barrel tyres are called now. I've heard some of those appear to be made of quite nasty hard compounds, because they really don't grip or brake like proper tyres.)