Single best auto maker.

Page 3 / 5
countrypete, May 15, 8:52am
That needs editing:Here ya go. "Volkswagen Group

No one else has invested as much in recent history (as far as I am aware). They have led the way of the last decade having succeeded in bringing forth exceptional new technology without the reliability.(you needed to put the full stop about there.)

neville48, May 15, 9:03am
PS;The "F" Series Ford is the biggest selling motor vehicle in the history of motor vehicles. This thread should stop here folks "WE HAVE A WINNER"

countrypete, May 15, 9:05am
Agreed - there was never any real dispute - just diversions of fact.

movnon, May 15, 9:11am
wrong,Hitler used his swastika for more than a decade & the arms were facing the opposite direction to the ancient ones.

mugenb20b, May 15, 9:11am
But that doesn't mean it's the best.

newtec1, May 15, 9:13am
Rolls Royce.They would have to take first prize, considering they startedwith the humble pushbike.

tshop, May 15, 9:13am
Yeahya that turbo six is sick I hear, would luv to transplant one of those into something. Maybe next project.

mugenb20b, May 15, 9:13am
Copied! Who gives a shit if it's copied! The title says "single best auto maker".

slarty45, May 15, 9:23am
the new Bentley V8

thejazzpianoma, May 15, 10:35am
Funny man haha.

Perhaps you would like to discuss Toyota and Mitsubishi's attempts at direct injection!

What about the Selespeed! (Fiats not so flash first attempt at an automated manual)

Turbo + Supercharger!

Twin sequential turbo charging!

VW incorporate all the "tricky stuff" into their designs to tremendous advantage, yet maintain an excellent level of reliability. Of the last decade they have put more of the revolutionary technology's into their mainstream vehicles than anyone else. At the same time they have either been one of the best or the best in terms of the reliability of the new technology.

neville48, May 15, 10:48am
What else could it mean, a zillion people made a mistaken purchase ! It means it is THE BEST.

thejazzpianoma, May 15, 10:56am
Quality of the product often has little to do with its popularity. Sometimes even the very worst products can be the most popular if the marketing is good enough.

Other factors like pricing, demographic, taxation, fashion etc can also have massive influence.

Bose sound systems, Brother Printers, Prius, Suzuki Swift, Daewoo's, Chinese Scooters etc are all examples that spring to mind.

Quality of the product often has little to do with its popularity. Sometimes even the very worst products can be the most popular if the marketing is good enough.

Other factors like pricing, demographic, taxation, fashion etc can also have massive influence.

Its also worth noting that a huge proportion of people are incredibly stupid when it comes to making major purchases. They do little or no math, do no research, don't do any math or even consider their actual needs properly. They mostly just buy for emotional reasons and/or follow the crowd.

Bose sound systems, Brother Printers, Prius, Suzuki Swift, Daewoo's, Chinese Scooters etc are all examples of poor/average products that are very popular.

Most popular only means most popular.

Its also worth noting that a huge proportion of people are incredibly stupid when it comes to making major purchases. They do little or no math, do no research or even consider their actual needs properly (let alone match their needs to the most appropriate product). They mostly just buy for emotional reasons, perceived price and/or follow the crowd.

Bose sound systems, Brother Printers, Prius, Suzuki Swift, Daewoo's, Chinese Scooters etc are all examples of poor/average products that are very popular.

Most popular only means most popular.

usdefault, May 15, 11:32am
I'd like to punch swastika boy in the face.

See who's loling then.

sr2, May 15, 11:49am
you need to define what you mean by "best".

redpheonix9, May 15, 11:51am
punch and judy me all you like, but it will not change history, or the facts of life, usedefault

usdefault, May 15, 11:59am
Nothing says tw@t like a skinny white boy trying to be clever with a swastika tattoo.

I see you have the highly original and well thought out blue stars and a nipple piercing as well.

I bet you want a sleeve too!

jsc1, May 15, 12:10pm
Went off ford when realisedthey were slly enough to use plastic pulley wheels in their engines

bellky, May 15, 8:34pm
Lololololol - doesn't take much to rile up the odd person.
I wouldn't go around talking about punching people in the face either if I were you, if you know what I mean.
Edit: Oh hang on I just noticed you're in Australia - LOL.

bellky, May 15, 8:37pm
I do care if it's copied. Shows lack of innovation and doesn't add as much - it also rides on others' coattails. In the scheme of things Toyota and Honda don't really count. Haha.
You better watch your language too.

bellky, May 15, 8:39pm
Awesome! In the Ford movie they actually opened fire with Thompsons on their workers trying to storm the factory fences!

bellky, May 15, 9:02pm
You're confused. The buddhist symbol is left facing. The 'ancient ones' are right facing. "More than a decade" is only a moment in history really.

pauldw, May 16, 1:10am
Other claims are wrong but since you label this one as "fact", the Ford Willow Run aircraft factory had a 90 degree turn in the production line to avoid crossing into the next COUNTY which had higher taxes.

redpheonix9, May 16, 2:06am
the original LOL tattoo photograph that was in post 29, was taken in the tatoo parlour, immediately after after an ex skin head had just had the LO LO LO LO added to the swastika, because it was his way of making a statement about what the nazi swastika meant to him now, compared to what the swastika had meant to him when he was an active skin head member

A lot of skin heads and white supremecists, end up wanting to leave those organisations, and have the dilemma of what to do with their tattoos, and whether to have them, either, altered, or removed completely

Here is an example of a white supremecist, who got out of that life, and who went through untold many many hours of painful procedures, to remove the ink from his face, so that he could finally put his old life behind him, and get a job, and lead a more normal life with his family

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2055437/Bryon-Widner-tattoos-Criminal-tuns-time-16-months-laser-surgery.html