Thanks to the car drivers that didn't stop.

Page 4 / 4
sw20, May 13, 3:21am
I put my first car down a bank when I was about 19. Tons of people stopped. Couple of nurses put me in the back of their car with a rug over me while I was in shock.

I helped out a few years back when this car decided to pull out of a side street on SH1 near the turnoff to Waiau. Poor woman was trapped in her car and had to get the Westpac Rescue chopper in to take her to Burwood.

offrd1, May 13, 4:20am
Did you notice no more comments from this person.guessing he checked my profile,we are both from Golden Bay,i know who he is .lol.confims what i thought though

outbidyou2, May 13, 9:47am
This one pretty much sums it up. Next.

gwr1, May 14, 12:47am
off roader your a professional driver,so you should have spotted the black ice and slowed down and cornered keeping bike upright,shouldnt you!You were probably mounted ona hogg eh!( 9 out of 10 riders killed were on a harley.Cause them heaps of shit only go in a straight line.

smac, May 14, 12:58am
Wow only just read this thread.weird.

Don't see what the fuss is about. I regularly pass break downs and also some 'offs'. If they signal for help I stop, if they don't, I continue. This isn't any car versus motorbike thing or any 'sign of the times'. Just plain common sense. I've been broken down before and also had an 'off' as a result of a blow out. The last thing I've wanted is someone getting in my way while I sort it. Whereas if I was facing something beyond my means to sort out I would signal for help. I certainly wouldn't expect people to magically assess my situation in the few seconds they have and to correctly judge whether I wanted help of not.

If the riders were lying inert or something like that, yes I'd stop. But a bike lying down, and even a rider sitting next to it would peak my interest, but would not be enough to get me to stop.

The only time I've ever stopped without being asked was 4 teenage girls trying (and failing) to change a tyre on the side of the Takapau straights in the pouring rain. Lucky I did, they had taken all the wheels nuts off without yet jacking. The only reason I stopped is because I'd had about a kilometre visibility to figure out they were stumped. If I had rounded a bend and only had a second to make the call, I would have kept going unless they signalled (which they did not).

desmodave, May 14, 1:13am
Why is it called black ice

offrd1, May 14, 4:02am
It is called Black ice for a reason,very very hard to spot,The rest of you statement is ******not sure what you are on may be you are a mate of net-oz

offrd1, May 14, 4:10am
Immmm very interesting,if that was the attitude i had taken over the years then i wouldn't have stopped at any of the accidents i have attended and i really have attended a lot,some very very bad and NOT one was i waved down,most people are in shock and don't wave people down.i think that is just plain stupid really [ i wasn't in shock by the way .lol.]
If i see an accident i will always stop if there is nobody there no matter what,always have and always will

smac, May 14, 4:19am
Huh. Here was I thinking we just have a different approach, whereas you think I'm plain stupid.I'm outta' here. Happy trails.

offrd1, May 14, 4:29am
Read the answer,don't be so touchy,i said i think your answer was stupid.i don't know you so have know idea what you are like.sorry didn't mean to insult you