BMW 530i Front Bumper

morrisman1, May 12, 9:55am
could have had a knock. I would definitely give it a good looking over, looking for any signs of repair around that area

gunhand, May 12, 9:59am
If the botttom lip of the bumper is all worn it could be true but why would you continue to run the car over it all the time! wouldnt you just stop short of the bar, I assume its a concrete stop thingy!

michaelqian, May 12, 10:02am
Well most of the time we park our cars, the bumper is indeed over the concrete bar shown in the photo. Of course you would stop short, but there will times that you will forget. Sometimes when you have a bump it could push the corners out a little bit, this I will have a good look over. One corner is perfectly intact, it's just the other corner.

gunhand, May 12, 10:03am
All I get is the TM home page from that link!

gunhand, May 12, 10:15am
that link worked

michaelqian, May 12, 11:28am
After some research on Google I found that this is actually an extremely common problem with BMW, especially the E39 5 series.

morrisman1, May 12, 11:57am
its cos you had a . at the end of the first link

edangus, May 13, 12:11am
Yeah, don't worry about it.

cummingsra1, May 13, 6:20am
My E39 is like that, scrapes on the underside of the front bumper, sags at the guard/bumper join. Still, check out the underside of the bumper for scrapes, and panel gaps in case of a previous accident on that side.

elect70, May 14, 2:03am
Used to happen on my635 csiifpulled into angle park thesplitter would catch on concrete curb, must have fixed itdozen times . It will only be rigid plasicnot structural .

hawat, May 16, 11:10am
Yep agree. We have an e39 540 and have had it in to the plastic repair guys in Archers Road. Cost $900. Don't park over the stop bar in car parks. Whenever I can I back into parks now.