How do you rate your driving/riding ability ?

Page 1 / 2
gunhand, May 10, 7:11am
So how well do you perseve your driving/riding skills! Most males think there Gods gift to driving and it is the 2nd worse thing to be critisized on useually. Most do not take being told there not that good to well.
So rate yourself out of 10.10 being, Schumacher, Colin McRae, Rossie types skills. 1 being you should not be allowed behind the wheel or on any wheeled item.
Myself, well I reckon car 5 and bike 6.
As an example,If you were traveling along at 100kph and went round a slight bend and the arse stepped out on a diesel spill or whatever, would you be able to handle it!
Me, well I know the theroy but who knows till it happens. I work on a theory of not getting into bother in the first place but sometimes shit happens.
Ive saved/avoided many an incident by being spatially aware.

ninja_man, May 10, 7:12am

quater, May 10, 7:14am
Im the best driver in the world.

gunhand, May 10, 7:14am
Well I guess thats that mystery solved.

bill-robinson, May 10, 7:14am
never happen to me. I would have spotted the spill and driven around it.(yeah.yeah. yeah.)

jmma, May 10, 7:20am
Car 6, Bike 3.5 (o:

andrea_w, May 10, 7:24am
That's odd, you can't be. because I am

jason18, May 10, 7:25am
car 6 bike -1 haha

saxman99, May 10, 7:30am
1 - I'm shocking, just absolutely shocking.

tonyrockyhorror, May 10, 7:32am
Rossi has crashed much more than me, so I must be a better rider than him.

Yep, that's how invalid the comparison actually is.

gunhand, May 10, 7:36am
I see your point. But, do you race for a living or won any world championship 9 times. And any top racing driver/rider has crashed more than you or you would be a 1 lol.

berg, May 10, 7:36am
Bad driver = someone who cannot recover when it all turns bad
Good driver = someone who can recover from a bad situation when it happens
Best driver = someone who does not allow themselves or their vehicle get into a bad situation in the first place.
Personally I feel you need to be driving almost every day to be a good driver. I was at my best when covering 300-800kms every day in a fuel tanker. I now do 200-500 in a ute and consider myself slightly better than average

daves01, May 10, 7:47am
I'd rate myself high for both car and bike . maybe around the 7 mark, which maybe high if 10 = F1 car driver.
Used to ride bikes with my mate and he would always crash .I always put it down to him not thinking far enough ahead and not being spatially aware.He has hit 2 pedestrians on his bike ffs . not on crossings though lol
But I do apply the logic of why pass in a dangerous situation just to get somewhere a few seconds earlier .

esprit, May 10, 7:48am
Judge for yourself. This is about as bad as I get. Very rusty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=LU5sysQgf4c

clark20, May 10, 8:01am
I won the Auckland Car club championship 4 times (years), does that count for anything!

kazbanz, May 10, 8:40am
Its kinda hard to compare "real world" driving/riding with the world of the racetrack. On the track on a bike Im above average based on results.
But how do ya quantify your road driving/riding skills . By the fact you havent had an accident!

rayzor14, May 10, 8:41am
On a circuit maybe 7 out of ten.
On the road probably an 8 (assuming awareness and driving to suit conditions counts for something)

pieman33h, May 10, 8:43am
i would rate myself highly in the car department, 16 years of speedway and hundreds of thousands of km as a driver have made me acutely aware of my skills and abilites.
However on a bike! absolutely useless, in fact if i can sit on one with out it falling over - thats gold!

berg, May 10, 8:44am
Good question Kaz
For me its the ability to read the road and other drivers and react in such a way that I remain both in control and safe at all times. Between that and following all the basic rules such as always indicating, stopping at stop signs etc etc.

mazzyz, May 10, 12:59pm
Reasonably good, I drive up to 2000kms a week on mostly country roads for work.

peja, May 10, 3:11pm
Similar for me, minus the speedway bit. Havent had a claim for an accident that I was actually involved in for over 25 years. Last claim some years back was when I took my car for a WOF several years ago and the manager of the garage concerned took it for a test drive and had an accident in it :-)

I suppose abouty 6-7 in car, 0-1 on bike

pollymay, May 10, 7:26pm
I have great peripheral vision from track time and can read the body language of morons quite well even if they decide to do something illogical, It's above average but I dunno what a 10/10 driver on the road looks like. It's probably the guy in the plane overhead who is applying the best logic of all and flying overhead.

i-n-horz, May 10, 8:27pm
Car-8.Bike-8 that's Mrs Horz rating on myself.brilliant ;)
but I must admit I'd rate myself Car-7 & Bike-8.lol.

doomy999, May 10, 8:32pm
car, on road.8! 9!
rally driving 5! 6! 7!
Motorbike 5! 6!
Circuit racing! Never tried. would love to though. :-)
drag racing! never tried, would love to though. :-)

pge, May 10, 8:56pm
Car - 5
Bike - 3

I haven't ridden for a number of years, and would be cautious to the max.