Peugeot 308 XSP Prestige

purplepenguin1, May 9, 7:36am
I am looking to buy a new Peugeot 308 XSP Prestige. Never owned a Peugeot, so would like to know about brand reliability and any good or bad comments on Peugeot and this model of Peugeot. I am also looking at Mazda 3, which would be the other choice of car.Any tips, advice or opinions would be great.Thanks

a.woodrow, May 9, 7:39am
Probably the biggest issue is parts availability. Family members owned a late model 405 and it was surprising how many bits had to come from overseas

maddog007, May 9, 7:45am
pugs are ok when new, but tend to fall apart by 60'000 kms.
terrible auto transmissions.
The best thing is that if you are buying new, you will at least have a solid warranty, so things like part availability aren't an issue. but the downside is you will lose heaps come trade in time, in 3 yrs, as you would be a fool to keep it after warranty runs out.

maddog007, May 9, 7:54am
you would be better off with the mazda, but a ford fiesta or focus would be my pick, but if the rear seats are not hardly ever going to be used, a Audi A1 might be possible, but my best advice would be buy a low mileage used 2010 plus A3, nz new of course.

purplepenguin1, May 9, 8:14am
Thank you, these responses are a great help

thejazzpianoma, May 9, 10:24pm
+1 (or VW Golf which is basically the same car as the A3)
I like some Pug's (and own a Citroen which is the same company) but late model VW/Audi's are better from a technology, parts availability and depreciation in that age bracket.

The new Ford is catching up rapidly to VW with their version of VW's transmission, but I still prefer the VW and it has nearly 10 years proven experience with that transmission technology etc.