Isuzu mu 2.8td or pajero 2.8td?

perry111, May 18, 6:47am
wanting a daily driver with some small off road mods for weekend playing around,which of these is best for this type of use and reliability in mind also.

a.woodrow, May 18, 6:48am
mu

perry111, May 18, 7:07am
exhaust and a boost tap to increase power! how much boost do they run standard

woki, May 18, 7:11am
Mu . There is saying that mechanics use when refering to Mitsubishi Diesels " Its gonna blow"

perry111, May 18, 7:14am
haha i here alot of people say that about all mitsis

mugenb20b, May 18, 7:59am
Yep, 3 inch freeflow exhaust system from the turbo back, increase boost (I never ran mine above 11psi anyway, which is probably factory), and fit a turbo and intercooler from the 3.1 litre engine.

mugenb20b, May 18, 8:02am
The advantages of a 2.8 Paj over a MU are:

More power.
More interior space (except for the boot)
More comfortable due to coil sprung rear end.
Nicer looking vehicle when set up for off road use.
Larger diffs (9 inch).
Chain drive engine.
Some Mitsis have a factory rear diff lock.

bubbles244, May 18, 8:19am
then there's a terrano that has electronic diff locks front and back. Rm3-R 1996 onwards

mugenb20b, May 18, 8:30am
I've got one of those, but my one only has the centre diff lock.

rayzor14, May 18, 8:57am
x1
I'd be going with the MU. I have never yet seen small Mitsi diesels that have demostrated a degree of reliability that allows them to compete with their peers.

perry111, May 18, 7:08pm
i do want comfort as i just sold my xj jeep to my brother,lifted up on 33s what a ruff ride you got in that being leaf sprung in the back,also a pig of a thing to drive on the road even unmodifyed but very very good off road tho!

pill, May 23, 9:30am
the mu is best. i have a manual 2.8 mu and its a great truck iv towed 2tone behind it ones every week for the last two years iv had it and its nether given me eney greif. its been up and down the beaches and stuck up two the doors a number of times . iv dun every thing from skidding logs on the block and towing the harrows . it goes incredibly well. 1500cc cars dont keep up with it in a drag race . its an awsim truck dont think ill ether part with it . iv towed 2.2 tone behind it with no truble. its a got good engin braking .planing on intercooling it and geting exhaust systim .