BMW QUESTION?. I have recently purchased a 1999 318tican someone please tell me if this would be a e36 e46 or something elseany

pugmyre, May 19, 1:16am
I have recently purchased a 1999 318Ti.Can someone please tell me if this would be a E36, E46 or something else!Any help would be appreciated.Thanks.

pugmyre, May 19, 1:39am
Going from the 2 pics I would say that even though it's a 99, mine might be a E36 as it has the squarer front not the rounded one.Cheers.

carmedic, May 19, 2:01am
Top tip.
Open the bonnet and look at the gas struts that hold it up. It will be printed on them in big writing.

saxman99, May 19, 2:40am
The E36 compact was built until 2000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bmw_compact

pugmyre, May 19, 2:49am
Thank you guys.This info is really helpful.Enjoy your weekend.

pugmyre, May 19, 3:07am
Thanks mate.You are absolutely bang on.It is a E36 but I still have not found a Vin/Chassis Plate anywhere on it.

carmedic, May 19, 3:14am
Again under the bonnet on a sticker on the side of the suspension strut tower.
May also be under the driver??

elect70, May 19, 3:21am
Plate on drivers side inner gaurdwhere thebonnet strut lives .

pugmyre, May 19, 3:21am
Yep.Your right again.Thanks alot.Appreciate the help.

cummingsra1, May 19, 6:57am
If you ever need to identify parts etc, go to www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do and enter the last six characters of your chassis number (I'm guessing it's two letters and four numbers). This will give you parts diagrams of what was fitted to yours.

pugmyre, May 19, 8:02am
Brilliant.I'll keep this info for future reference.I'm bound to need it sometime.

saxman99, May 19, 8:34am
Seven characters. Two letters and 5 numbers typically. This is the serial number of your car.