Look what rats did to a radiator hose

Page 1 / 2
jsc1, Jun 29, 10:39am
x1
found out why the car over heated

mrfxit, Jun 29, 10:49am
bugger

andrewph, Jun 29, 10:52am
Rats must have no sense of taste. I wouldnt look forward to a nice tasty radiator hose for a meal. yuck.

andrea_w, Jun 29, 11:09am
Antifreeze is quite poisonous - maybe they are suicidal rats!

jsc1, Jun 29, 11:20am
Mabe they got on to the Rapture thing thought the world was going to end

jsc1, Jun 29, 11:22am
Ive not seen any frozen rats around this winter ,mabe its working!

intrade, Jun 29, 7:31pm
was there any antifreeze in there! dont look like to me with all the rust showing inside the hose.

bjmh, Jun 29, 10:23pm
its not the antifreeze they are after,its the rubber.heaps of cockies cars/utes come in here,rats in their sheds.the rats always seem to gnaw their way thru vacum hoses,radiator hoses and lately the rubber insulation on wiring.very costly when the abs comes up with a fault.traced to wiring chewed thru in the loom.

johnf_456, Jun 29, 10:24pm
x1
If any luck they would of ingested some anti freeze and be long gone.

jsc1, Jun 30, 6:18am
These rats did both top and bottom radiator hoses and the two heater hoses that go into the car even chewedthrough the plastic coolant overflow tank and the hose to the radiator .Left the other hoses alone.These west auckland rats are mean.

intrade, Jun 30, 6:28am
20kg rat poison from writson is only 140$

fordkiwi27, Jun 30, 6:36am
my mates hilux has been in the auto sparkeys for 2 weeks. the things have eaten thru various wires,injector wiring apparently there fav

intrade, Jun 30, 6:42am
in europe its themarten that causes these problems not rats. let me think what a is i think a stoat type animal. they got special divises under cars bonnet to try and scare these away a high pitch uuuuuuiiii ,,,,,,,uiiiiiii. noise i recall when i did hear them divise in operation most people cant hear it dont know if i still could today either

junky1, Jun 30, 6:50am
Had one car with kumara on engine and in engine bay. no damage to wiring or hoses. obviously byo rats

cypherboy, Jun 30, 6:53am
Im guessing the hose is possibly off a Nissan maybe early 90s SR engine! Anyone else want to have a crack!

dozerman, Jun 30, 7:02am
when rats are poisoned they look (smell) for water.Have seen them chew the bottom out of a dishwasher hence why they chew hoses

johnf_456, Jun 30, 7:05am
Yup that is what the poison does to them.

fazda25, Jun 30, 8:21am
not off a SR buddy, my guess is a GA, maybe N15.

im_andrew, Jun 30, 8:46am
I was thinking the same, top radiator hose on an SR, same as in a p10 primera. I dont think my SR18 bluebird has the same one tho.

zephyrheaven, Jun 30, 8:50am
antifreeze is very sweet so lots of pets love it too, dangerous to dogs etc

andrewph, Jun 30, 10:51am
At a toyota training course years ago, i heard of one company that had bought 5 fan blades and numerous fan belts for their bj40 cruisers over a 4 month period. They had a possum problem. the possums wouuld get into the nice warm rad. fan shroud overnight. When started in the morning theyd get sliced to ribbons while trying to leave destroying the fan blade. ha ha.

jsc1, Jun 30, 11:13am
Wow close i guess, top radiator hose 1995 nissan primera

johnf_456, Jun 30, 11:15am
I had a feeling it look like a sr, was the car parked up for some time!

cjohnw, Jun 30, 11:21am
Friend had an Audi TT and rats got under the bonnet chewed out the wiring.

Cost $1500 to fix.

The daughter had pet rabbits and kept bale of hay in the garage next to where the Audi was parked.
Expensive lesson.

lugee, Jun 30, 1:19pm
Antifreeze has a sweet taste, similar to maple syrup. Which is why its dangerous to leave spills around in the presence of pets.