Diagnostic connector for 1997 Nissan Prairie

franc123, Jul 1, 10:17am
Anyone know where this is located!Have looked in all the usual places under the dash and underbonnet areas and can't find it anywhere, google hasn't revealed anything either.Its a PM11 series with an SR20DE in it if that helps, and no it's not in the fuse box like Primeras generally are!TIA

jono2912, Jul 1, 12:39pm
I know the 97 pulsar has one just above or below drivers fuse box, although that had a SR18DE in it.

The 1990 P10 have it in top right engine bay.

ceebee2, Jul 2, 4:46am
Its in one of three places I can think of for most Nissans although its been awhile
Glove box
Under bonnet LHS firewall
Steering column under the cowls.

intrade, Jul 2, 4:59am
its either obd2 or the nissan consultdata conector.

bubbles52, Jul 2, 5:09am
pull out the ashtray

franc123, Jul 2, 6:54am
Hmm, there is a plastic panel that is held by four screws directly under the upper part of the steering column, I can't see anything underneath it but will remove it anyway to be sure.You wouldn't think they'd make it that inaccessible though!It's definitely not behind the glovebox, ashtray or the console fillet plate directly under the handbrake lever as they sometimes are. Thanks for the input everyone.

jasongroves, Jul 2, 6:57am
Weird that its not in the fuse box!
Another common Nissan trick is to have to get to the ECU itself, mounted on the tranny tunnel and flick the switch to get codes.
That may only be on older models though but might be worth a look.

supertech1, Aug 19, 11:55am
97 OBD Na!consult data conector