Why on earth do Boy Racers like Subaru Wagons?

valleystream, Jul 2, 5:50am
Or girl racers! The Subaru Outback or Subaru Forester look about the right size for a smallish station wagon for us but they seem to be altered and favoured by the racer peeps. Why!

doug207, Jul 2, 5:57am
They go/handle reasonably well and are practical too. Some also enjoy the noise.

geedubu, Jul 2, 6:04am
I was at a Taupo trackday a while back & saw a modified dark maroon Subaru wagon circulating at a great rate (& being very well-handled) by a "boy racer" who was keeping on the tails of Porsches and other upmarket machinery.Fair enough to bag the kids who do simple-minded burnouts in the suburbs but there are some nice cars and good drivers who can be caught in that category.We all like cars on this message board, let's cut the "boy racers" a bit of slack.

truckr, Jul 2, 6:15am
so they can have gay sex in them

mcscottwgtn, Jul 2, 6:20am
I would like to know why the superoos seem to appear often on this board with 'issues'. Does the average owners drive them hard, don't service, and flick when the issues get on top of them!

franc123, Jul 2, 6:26am
You got it!It's not something thats isolated to Subaru's though.

xacoon, Jul 2, 6:31am
hmm been a while since I have heard anyone speak of a superoo on here. expect a few problems with a 40 year old car though wouldn't you!

sylis04, Jul 2, 6:37am
how do you know that they areracers! just because there car goes pssshhhh. maybe people just like those cars. and you cant just asume there b/g racers. and what qualifies you as a b/g racer, because you can do the same s***** in standard vehicles.

richardmayes, Jul 2, 6:39am
Because some of them make 280 horsepower from the factory, and most of them can be modified to do all that and more. That's enough power to go pretty fast!

/ all you need to know!

i-n-horz, Jul 2, 6:47am
It's a fad.like greasy hair and flat peaked caps.r's of ya jeans hang'n with ya daks on show.it's all part of the generation evolution.things will change again to the next fad.

mcscottwgtn, Aug 18, 10:13pm
Just returned from a trip to Malaysia.Funny how the locals pimp their micro blimps if they can afford to.The local papers said taxi drivers earn about 30MYR a day (that's about 12NZD).