Who sells the cheapest car batteries these days ?

barbuzz, Jul 2, 8:10pm
Considering a new battery for my Commodore was $140, I would think that was cheap enough. I'd say anyting cheaper & best carry some jumperleads around with you.

tmenz, Jul 2, 8:24pm
The Warehouse - Exide!

vingina, Jul 3, 4:18am
dont buy exide they are crap. get a century yuassa one. rebranded as repco batteries 3 year warrantys. not made from recycled batteries like exide

poppajn, Jul 3, 4:52am
Don,t buy from Repco, they,re crap, replaced 3 times, would,nt hold the charge, got a refund.

bigfatmat1, Jul 3, 6:22am
get a price from your local auto electrician.

k837, Jul 3, 6:42am
by cheap get cheap.

bae13, Jul 3, 7:24am
century yuasa batteries use virgin lead, exide and super charge use recycled lead.

a flyer came round the other day super cheep auto selling batteries (century) for $175
my suggested retail from century yuasa (i sell yuasa same battery different sticker) was $156 but i sell them for $135 fitted, charging system checked, terminals cleaned and non corodde pads fitted, i dispose of the old battery.
point is places like repco/warehouse/supercheap/bnt-
etc sell batterys at retail, go to your local auto sparky and get it properly tested, ie battery and charging issues, current draw etc and get a good price on a battery

bjdw, Jul 3, 7:50am
Quite a few people come in and ask for the "cheapest battery".

"That battery is not suitable for your car, it is only good for old cars with no EFI and only basic electrics."

"Don't care, I'm selling it."

The new owner comes in a couple of months later and expects a free battery because the one that is still "under warranty" has failed.

writy, Jul 3, 11:40am
Haha.No shit sherlock.

writy, Jul 3, 11:41am
Had a ring around supa cheap came out on top . and good service to.AA+

don_logan, Aug 24, 2:42pm
I got a good price on Panasonic baterries.I have fitted them to a Nissan UD bus, Toyota townace diesel and a petrol car. Prices on all of them were very good. The battery in the diesel is over two years old now and still good. Local Total oil distributor sells them here. They were the best price when I checked.