Got the car back from the mechanics and.

skittles93, May 29, 5:12am
Hi guys, my missus got her car back today from the mechanics. (1993 Mazda Familia Interplay, auto). She took it in to get a leak fixed and when she got it back the trans shifts much more rougher that usual from 1st to 2nd and there is a high pitched whirring/squealing noise that gets progressively intensified the faster the car goes. However whenever we take our foot off the gas pedal it goes away.

What are the causes of these two problems! Can we take it back to get checked and fixed!

skittles93, May 29, 5:13am
Also, the mechanic wrote on the invoice: Dismantled top of engine and remove rocker cover, gaskets etc. Clean off engine oil and reassemble with new gasket. Bolt it down and refit all parts. Ran and checked.

johnf_456, May 29, 5:33am
Take it back

mechnificent, May 29, 5:38am
Yes you should take it back and get them to confirm that it is nothing they have done, and/or what it is. If they don't sound honest go see a friendly mechanic(Non mvdi or what ever they are,, caues that's an agreement to cover one other's backs.), and ask for an opinion about what the other lot could have done to cause the noise.

skittles93, May 29, 5:46am
Ok that will definitely be on the cards! Do you guys know why it is making those noises!

carmedic, May 29, 5:57am
Slipping drive belt due in part to cleaning down the engine. Might want adjustment or replacing not really their fault.

mechnificent, May 29, 6:06am
But they should do it because it needs doing after their work. they shouldn't charge. if they had taken it for a run, warmed and checked it, they would have fixed it and you would have been charged. they took the risk of not rechecking their work. it's on their head now.
Well that's how I see it but I'm one of those friendly(and honest) mechanics.

roddie1971, May 29, 6:11am
ran and checked. right they did! take it back for a repair free to you

skittles93, May 29, 6:36am
Cheers guys, and how is it not their fault car medic! If they have adjusted or removed or come in contact with it when cleaning the engine down, shouldn't they put it back the way it was found!

zephyrheaven, May 29, 7:37am
Dont go in guns blazing, never works - be calm & explain whats happening 'since' not exactly blaming their workmanship in your opening line - one way to lose someone quickly is accuse them, especially if down the line its unrelated to their work. Just my 2c

bigfatmat1, May 29, 8:06am
fully agree.

skittles93, May 29, 8:54am
Yup, too true zephyr I'm not one of "those" blokes anyway haha. If it is a genuine mistake it will be rectified!

carmedic, May 29, 9:25am
Here??

robotnik, May 29, 10:41am
Whenever the battery gets disconnected on my car the automatic goes all over the place with its shifting until the computer recalibrates itself. This takes few hours of driving after which it is fine again. Perhaps your car's transmission computer has been reset and is relearning your driving style.

mugenb20b, May 29, 10:42am
A '93 Mazda Familia!

robotnik, May 29, 10:45am
Yeah maybe not, but the car I am refering to is a 1996 Mitsi Galant, which is hardly anything special.

jmma, May 29, 10:48am
Might pay to check auto fluid before you drive it next. Just in case (o: