Tyre advice please BMW good brand ?

s.c, May 27, 12:38am
Hi can someone please help I just need two Tyres 225/45/17 for a 2002 320i just middle of the range not to expensive please I only drive at the weekends on open roads not city driving just a reasonable price and I'm confused some people's are saying I should put the new ones on the back and others say on the front I would even look at second hand ones for the right sort

jason18, May 27, 12:56am
Im pretty impressed with my dunlops, sp3000 Unsure if they make them anymore but stick well. I paid 240 for 4 tyres as new on TM

saxman99, May 27, 12:56am
Put the new ones on the back because the car is rear drive.

I use Toyo on my 5 series, they seem to be pretty good, there are several brands which should serve your purpose OK.Your trusted tyre shop should be able to offer alternatives across the budget ranges.

s.c, May 27, 1:40am
Yes thanks have been to a couple of tyre shops and they all say different things one tried to sell me Linglongswhich I'm not to sure about another Hancooks

footplate1, May 27, 1:43am
I was warned several Beamers ago to not buy cheap.The point was made that the cars are heavy and the strength walls, when going into a corner, are important.

Was also advised to avoid Pirrellis (sp!) as New Zealand granite wore the softer rubber down more quickly, cf other brands.I have found this to be the case, having had three imports with that brand.

neo_psy, May 27, 1:43am
I tried ATR Achilles Sport tyres (215/45 17) as a cheap solution for my Legacy - I'm very impressed so far. I think they were $130 each fitted.

s.c, May 27, 2:30am
Thanks so what brand do you use !

bellky, May 27, 2:34am
Put the new ones on the front - best tyres always on the front.

Don't buy 2nd hand tyres. Get some good middle of the range ones like you say.

s.c, May 27, 2:41am
Hi thanks can I get some brand names please middle of the range

msigg, May 27, 2:46am
Incorrect, new tyre go to the back, this is for front wheel drive and rear. Think about it. What gives way first when cornering.

bellky, May 27, 2:50am
I had some 235/45/17 Kingstar k106 on my Falcon - they are cheap, and I drove my car hard, and I liked them.

(I'm not getting into an argument about best tyres on front ok)

vpholdie, May 27, 2:55am
Bridgestone MY-02s are a good mid range option.

s.c, May 27, 2:57am
I really don't want cheap Tyres but would like some recommendations for good middle of the range ones I can not Afford top of the line ones as much as I would like them and understand you just can not put any Tyres on BMWs.Thanks

40wav, May 27, 4:26am
Why not!

trdbzr, May 27, 4:30am
BMW 3 series are like the Corolla's of Europe. Its nothing special. That being said, its a good idea to put decent tyres on ANY car regardless of make or value. Do you have a budget in mind!

vr4_legnum, May 27, 4:42am
New Tyres SHOULD ALWAYS go to front of any car/van/ute/4x4/truck. Remember the front wheel is doing the streeing and braking and if you want your car to handle like crap, then put them on rear.

Now tyres
GT Radial HPY
Falken ZE912
"Cooper" Starfire
Federal 595

If you want somethink cheap
Try the Evergreen tyre, They seem to be ok for a cheap tyre.

Tyres to stay around from
Supercat, Any think Firestone and Bridgestone MY01

kingfisher21, May 27, 4:47am
For a Beemer, Toyo C1S or CT-01.

s.c, May 27, 6:10am
trdbzr wrote:
BMW 3 series are like the Corolla's of Europe. Its nothing special. That being said, its a good idea to put decent tyres on ANY car regardless of make or value. Do you have a budget in mind![/quote

I was hoping to spend no more than $400 for two Tyres someone suggested second hand Tyres and would rather have a good brand second hand than a cheap new ones

40wav, May 27, 6:13am
Hankook Optimo, new on the front - always.

clark20, May 27, 6:43am
Its hard to go wrong with a set of Bridgestones, Yokohamas or Dunlops. Think about what brands are accepted original on any car, and linglong and the likes etc do not do so.

Me, I would go potenzas from Bridgestone

trdbzr, May 27, 6:52am
For that price some good tyres are:

Achilles ATR Sport
Neuton NT5000
Nankang NS2
Hankook K415
GT Radial Champiro Hpx
Yokohama A.Drive R1

Just shop around and you should be able to pick up a good deal