Tyre pressures. bill-rob.

unbeatabull, Jan 1, 11:28pm
I agree with this, would never run true MAgnesium wheels on a road car. Far too brittle.

Have used them in race applications though, and they are very light! Would be lighter then the subsequent amount of tyre easily.

the-lada-dude, Dec 30, 12:28am
what did you end up with on your projectsports car !

bill-robinson, Dec 30, 1:17am
18 lbs all round for a starting point.

the-lada-dude, Dec 30, 1:34am
mmmmmmmm.as I said b4 (I think )really is going to depend on your sus / rates.In my opinion, the only advantage with L/P tires is you can run more brakes,( and they can look good ) but brake tech has far advanced in the last few years,have a look at any F1 car photo and you see straight away that the tyre profile is high, tyre rubber weighs less than magnesium alloy,helps U/S weight although i admit most of the suspension is in the tyre .

bill-robinson, Dec 30, 2:54am
F1 cars run those tyre profilesdue to regulations, not car design. the modern steel braced radial tyre is heavy much heaver than one would think(has all that steel in it). Mag wheels, not on a road car thanks. i have three piece alloys on the car. They are heavy but look right.I have been offered a set of BBS 3 piece at a price, race set that weigh 4 kg per wheel.

the-lada-dude, Dec 30, 3:25am
what would the theroy be in the F1 regs to run tyres of this profile !yeah I agree about the true mag/alloy rims, some alloys suffer from fatigue and and corrosion, when you see it, . it's too latelol. what's powering ya little hot rod !

bill-robinson, Dec 30, 6:02am
Ask Bernie about tyre profiles.I could tell you which engine but then I would have to kill you.
Who is your F1 man! he may know more about the tyres.

the-lada-dude, Dec 30, 10:10pm
Bernie only wants to know about money, and how to keep F1 at the pinnacle of motor sport andcontrol of such' what ever happened to the A1 series ' .Ahhh huh, so that's where that brian hartengine dissappeared tojust keep that boost down and she'll last .lollong time no see, but will do some checking, me thinks all the players realized even b4 they went to the one tyre provider that the tyres provided a lot of the suspension, probably actually shock adsorption. the active sus cars were down to less than 1/2"!

bill-robinson, Dec 31, 5:56am
I am lost

jmma, Dec 31, 6:19am
Hand held GPS should sort that for you, where you trying to get to!(o: