New wagon mazda v mondeo

don1751, May 21, 2:02am
Thinking of replacing my 98 camry wagon with a 2008 (new shape) mazda 6 wagon or a mondeo wagon of same year. Budget about $20k. Interesterd in ride comfort and reliability. Mondeos seem a bit cheaper but i prefer japs for reliability. Have ford got their act together these days!

opos, May 21, 2:08am
get better resale on the mazda check it out

craigsmith, May 21, 2:41am
Don't think it'd make much difference in terms of quality with a 2008 car. And the rapid depreciation already been and gone. I'd choose based on what you prefer in terms of design.

Having said that, if the Mondeo is cheaper, that's probably to say the Mazda is overpriced on the 2nd hand market as are most popular Jap cars.

sifty, May 21, 3:08am
take each for a drive if possible.

phillip.weston, May 21, 3:16am
Take both the petrol or diesel in each model for a spin - you would be quite surprised with the diesels. I found the 2.3 petrol in the Mondeo was a bit of a slug compared to the 2.5 petrol of the Mazda6. Other than that it comes down to personal preference and what style/interior you like the best.

I would probably take the Mazda6 over the Mondeo though.

trdbzr, May 21, 3:44am
You may be able to pick up a Mondeo for cheaper but the Mazda 6 will have a better resale value. And IMO the Mazda 6 looks like a much better car.

edangus, May 21, 3:47am
Mazda.

mugenb20b, May 21, 5:48am
Mazda 6 is a better car.

alltorque350, May 21, 6:50am
They are the same car underneath. I'd go for the mazda tho.

guest, Sep 25, 6:35pm
There is little doubt that for any given spicfiecation wish list you can either buy a car with a badge and pay more or you can buy a car with a less desirable badge and pay much less.But which is the best approach?Buy the badge for more dosh and usually (but not always) you get something at least better screwed together and made out of more robust components. It will usually last longer, but you'll still probably experience high depreciation, mainly because should anything go wrong the badge is usually expensive to mend.Buy the less desirable badge and it will very probably do the same job, at least initially, but might not be so well put together, and from lower quality or less robust components. It won't last so long but you won't pay so much for it.So really it's about individual choice. Pay less and replace more often or pay more and keep longer. But there is also that other very human factor, snob value or show off factor that can often defy all logic.Posted 4 October 2013 at VA:F [1.9.22_1171]0 - 0

guest, Sep 28, 2:54pm
I have an idea! Don't buy an rx8. They are piles of crudola.Save up for a car with a wanarrty. 14k will get you that (it will also get you an rx8 used though) and then you won't have to worry about repairs for the most part for a while. Or you could buy a 2-3 year old kia or hyundai and have the remainder of the wanarrty. Yeah kias and hyundais aren't sexy but at least they have long warranties.