Ticketed for 106 whilst passing a truck

Page 1 / 7
lpggas, Jun 2, 10:23am
Traveling from Greymouth to Nelson yesterday & as you do got stuck behind a truck through the gorge , unable to pass safely through there so just cruised along SLOWLY behind the truck for about 20 Kms , finally came to a semi decent straight and pulled out to pass . Mr plod was on stealth duty @ end of straight & ticketed me for the criminal speed of 106
When I asked where between grey mouth & Nelson there was a straight long enough to pass a truck & trailer doing there limit of 90 without exceeding 104 he said there isn't
Road safety my ass , if you followed there logic the would be no overtaking period .

andrea_w, Jun 2, 10:30am
Who ever said it was about road safety!

0900oxocube, Jun 2, 10:32am
106 is speeding, as only a 4kph limit.

lpggas, Jun 2, 10:33am
What a genius .

ldbaqbeak, Jun 2, 10:34am
106 while passing. Really! I'm so worried right now.
Hope I remember that.

0900oxocube, Jun 2, 10:35am
No, just the law

jmma, Jun 2, 10:35am
Yep, I went to Palmy and back today, making sure I was doing 100 and 70 when it said and 50 again when it said. Then coming through Paremata, almost home and a big flash of orange light hit me, a quick glance at speedo 55 kph ffs, I was out of control (o:

andrea_w, Jun 2, 10:38am
You hoon! You should be locked up for that sort of crime. think of all the poor innocent people you could have killed. lol

ayjay1, Jun 2, 10:42am
Well there are good cops and bad cops. I got pulled over in my old clanger and got a ticket for no WOF and no Reg. He gave me 14 days to get a WOF etc and they would wipe the fines.I thought that was an amazing deal.
He said that he would rather i spent the money on the car than waste it on a fine.

andrea_w, Jun 2, 10:45am
This is different. cops are enforcing the new speed limit with an iron fist. If you're caught, you're getting a fine.
The WoF and licence are something a bit different. however, I do agree. there are some good cops out there - one gave me a break a few weeks back (not speeding related )

murph2068594, Jun 2, 11:15am
Pretty much, as it's the Long Weekend they're enforcing the 4 Kph above posted speed limit.

I think you'll find their logic is for the truck to pull over and let you pass.on a narrow two lane goat track. yeah, right.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 2, 12:02pm
Its time to start calling or emailing your MP and saying enough is enough if you want change. I have had quite enough of the Police wasting time trying to keep the 100M of revenue a year going from fines, while having "no resources" to recover stolen property or even save lives for that matter.

Our Police are a joke, unfortunately nothing will change until the voices of the sensible are louder than those of the "enablers" who mindlessly regurgitate the PR nonsense they so eagerly lap up.

poppajn, Jun 2, 12:03pm
You were speeding, simple as, no defence at all.

neo_psy, Jun 2, 12:05pm
Yeah - it's the law, but you have to think the cops would get more respect with a little common sense discretion.
Just curious, did you flash your lights at the truckie while you were following! I find a lot (not usually Auckland based ones) will pull over if you signal that you actually want to get past and don't want to sit at 90km/h.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 2, 12:06pm
BTW, I am getting really annoyed now when towing or driving a slow classic. The roads have been butchered around here with passing lanes removed and very few places where I can pull over to let people pass.
When I do pull over everyone creeps past (through fear of the nonsense above) which makes the whole situation much more dangerous for us all. Not to mention only being able to get one car past at at time, if I can even get them to pass at all.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 2, 12:08pm
And here is one of the "enablers" I was talking about.
So caught up in lapping up whatever nonsense they are fed that they fail to understand that its supposed to be about safety not stupidity.

don_logan, Jun 2, 12:19pm
Sheeple

zak410, Jun 2, 12:23pm
Exactly the 'word' that came to mind when I read the pop's comment too!
how sad to be them.

andrea_w, Jun 2, 12:43pm
The Multipla .!

icemans1, Jun 2, 12:56pm
PMSL, nice

next-to-normal, Jun 2, 1:01pm
to live in fear is a way of control,oh and some lazy pingers

granada, Jun 2, 1:24pm
The Law is an ass. Most radars also need to allow a plus or minus 2km to allow for their inaccuracity. Fight it in court. The worst thing thatv could happen is you loose. At least you get to vent.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 2, 2:22pm
You have the IQ of your namesake.

thewomble1, Jun 2, 3:13pm
Holiday period .4kmph above the limit.

scarey65, Jun 2, 5:49pm
i got a ticket for 103 kWTF
no other traffic, dry on that long straight road up to sanson

ticket was 30 dollers.

the worse one are the truck police (god squad) we should do a strorys about them,,,out of control nazis

cost me 1580 for 3 minor things things a normal cop wouuldnt even care about, and they hide and pull you over,\
totally out of control with fines to match,ask any logging truck or contracter , the greif they get,,,,,,,,,they would be the most hated group of nazis