Toyota Hiace {New Shape} Front Parking Bulbs?

reiker332, Jun 4, 1:14am
Does anyone know if its possible to change the front parking light bulbs yourself!
I have managed to locate the main large 10mm Hex screw, and remove them, and the front cover under the bonnet, but the lights will not move.
There appears to be 2 screw on the edge of the light near the door hinge, but they appear impossible to get at without removing the door.
Does anyone know how to replace these without having to go to the dealer to have it done!
Thanks.

zooki007, Jun 4, 1:50am
x1
Yes you can access the park lights from under the bonnet on the new shape Hiace's. They are to the grill side side of the light. A bit of a prick to get to though. It was only the earlier shape Hiace's you had to remove the side light to change the bulb. To replace the head light bulb on the new Hiace's, the grill and bumper has to be removed.

lookgoodfeelgr8, Jun 4, 1:55am
Just my luck to have one of those. Why couldn't they make it easy.of course not they want you to take it into their dealership.

clark20, Jun 4, 2:14am
x1
That's plan stupid. Euro regs now make it that bulbs have to be replaced with no tools (they have to also carry spare bulbs)

zooki007, Jun 4, 2:56am
yup real stupid! You can imagine customers surprise when they get the bill just to replace 1 bulb!

lookgoodfeelgr8, Jun 4, 3:09am
Yeap and it looks like i am going to find out, as i need to do one. lets see hours labour to take shit offand another hours labour to put in back on and i guess they will charge another on top.

bigfatmat1, Jun 4, 3:18am
what a Good idea. Does that mean you will be able to fit your hand down there to!

clark20, Jun 4, 6:13am
Only 5 year old hands! But yes Hopefully. Guy at work has a S3 and the old one needed headlamp out, new one doesn't and they told him about the regs in Europe

hugh, Jul 1, 4:51am
x2
open bonnet-remove screws on headlight holding in grill. Pull out the grill.remove headlight screw behind grill and the other screw on headlight. open door to get fingers behind headlight on both sides and pull straight out.There is then a plastick hook on bottom of headlight to disengage from bumper by tilting and pushing back. 2005 model to current. Tis easier to remove washer bottle first if that is the side.