Reflection on windscreen

bowla3, Jun 14, 10:33pm
Recently got myself a 2002 Santa Fe. Good wagon.
Only problem is reflection of top of dash onto inside of windscreen. Sometimes it's almost impossible to see the road.
Perhaps the seller polished the offending area!,
Have checked with Hyundai agents re "dash mat". About $110, but no guarantee that this would help.
Any thoughts, please.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 14, 10:52pm
You must be very short.

bowla3, Jun 14, 11:37pm
Just a normal Kiwi, about 1.81metres

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 14, 11:40pm
I'd go with a non-reflective matt for a trial. Chances are the dash matt is actually a polyester, so it'll be quite shiny.

bill-robinson, Jun 15, 12:43am
put a small dark hand towel on the dash to try. if that works leave it there or vary to suit your needs.

socram, Jun 15, 1:10am
Agree with above.I have have an occasional problem with reflections from the base of the console.Quite why they thought it was a good idea to fit polished stainless trim is beyond me.

net_oz, Jun 15, 1:23am
Na, that's a Moa mate. A Kiwi is only about 300mm tall.

whqqsh, Jun 15, 1:35am
I polished the tunnel ram bugcatcher on my T bucket. ONCE!
the reflection from the afternoon sun on the western m/way was enough for me, driving along with my hand held up in line with the bridge of my nose rather than above my brow mustve looked odd

craigsmith, Jun 15, 5:37am
Has it had some sort of shiny treatment applied to it by the seller to fake the condition! Try cleaning it with a decent fluid.

And get yourself a pair of polarized sunglasses.

davania, Jun 15, 6:57am
poke head out of window

matarautrader, Jun 15, 6:59am
Throw your jersey across the dash and see if that helps

bowla3, Jul 11, 6:08am
Purchased a dash mat (made in West Australia) for $90.
Fits perfect and cuts out all the reflection. Beauty.

jenny188, Jul 11, 9:37am
my 2002 holden with black dash gives me the same problem, but it is polished and does shine. Never in 35 years have I had a worse glare from a vehicle. Nice drive car though.

bowla3, Jul 11, 9:46am
I got mine from 4x4 centre, Nelson

sparkyz, Jul 11, 10:04am
Polaroid sunglasses will stop the glare, and make you look cool!